Portal Offers

On 1/4/2024 at 11:31 PM, zzx said:

This article about Ty Thompson speculates that:

"Iowa could pluck Moorhead and offer him a Power Five spot with a quarterback he is familiar with"

image.thumb.png.a17f13d1c9f48f9fbf20b912cf3e1c4d.png

As it's been explained many times, JM only came to Akron as a stepping stone to becoming the OC at Iowa. Right.

Edited by ZippyRulz

Hi everybody,

I’m new to Zips Nation and don’t want to steal anyone’s thunder, since it appears catdaddyp is very in the know. However, I just looked up Ben Finley’s instagram account and he already has himself listed as our QB. Not sure why there wasn’t some sort of bigger announcement, but maybe that is coming soon.

IMG_5347.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ClevelandZip said:

Hi everybody,

I’m new to Zips Nation and don’t want to steal anyone’s thunder, since it appears catdaddyp is very in the know. However, I just looked up Ben Finley’s instagram account and he already has himself listed as our QB. Not sure why there wasn’t some sort of bigger announcement, but maybe that is coming soon.

IMG_5347.jpeg

I was expecting him to announce on Twitter today, but there it is. He committed last night. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 12/1/2023 at 9:32 PM, catdaddyp said:

4 star QB Tanner Bailey will be in the portal with 3 years of eligibility remaining. Committed to JoeMo at Oregon and de-committed after the coaching change occurred. Something to keep an eye on.

Scratch that. Bailey is retiring from football altogether.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zipsfan10 said:

Film doesn’t reflect  the upside that Wasel has; however, appears sufficient and should be an upgrade. Cautiously optimistic as well. 

If/when Wasel realizes his upside, I'm sure he will get his shot. Him not getting on the field last year tells me he still has some work to do.

Even if he takes a big step forward as early as this year and Finley remains ahead of him, one play can result in him getting his shot and change everything.

• Like 1