MAC Basketball 2022-23

Let'sGoZips94

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Rob Senderoff.  Indiana.  Chuckle.  The committee has a sense of humor.

Had to review the story!  Senderoff basically got what John Loyer got from Hughins at Cincinnati -- the convenient target treatment. Kelvin Sampson was the real responsible party.  And...hmmm, whatever happened to him 🤔😉

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=3086559

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zipsrule said:

In the NIT, Toledo plays at #2 seed Michigan.

The big boys have twisted the metrics enough by switching from subjective, to subjective + RPI, to NET, and now to subjective + NET.  Now they can justify sending a 27-7 conference champ that had win 17 straight before losing in their conference tournament championship game to play at a .500 Big Ten team that lost in their opening conference tournament game.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, RowdyZip said:

The big boys have twisted the metrics enough by switching from subjective, to subjective + RPI, to NET, and now to subjective + NET.  Now they can justify sending a 27-7 conference champ that had win 17 straight before losing in their conference tournament championship game to play at a .500 Big Ten team that lost in their opening conference tournament game.

The NIT only seeds the top 4 seeds in each region. They assign opponents by proximity to keep costs low. That's why Toledo was assigned to play Michigan.

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

The NIT only seeds the top 4 seeds in each region. They assign opponents by proximity to keep costs low. That's why Toledo was assigned to play Michigan.

Oh, I'm aware.  But it sure feels like Michigan should be travelling to UT.

2 hours ago, RowdyZip said:

Oh, I'm aware.  But it sure feels like Michigan should be travelling to UT.

Just like Ohio State should have had to travel to Akron a few years ago.

But the NIT people know the second they make that assignment, OSU and UM say no thanks and decline the invite. 

6 hours ago, monrowe said:

OSU is playing at Youngstown State and Villanova is playing at Liberty in the NIT. These two schools don’t mind traveling.

How YSU got a top 4 seed, but Toledo didn't is beyond me. By every measureable Toledo was ahead of YSU. Michigan deserves the 2 seed they got as they were literally a bubble team. It should be OSU playing @ Toledo & YSU @ Michigan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

How YSU got a top 4 seed, but Toledo didn't is beyond me. By every measureable Toledo was ahead of YSU. Michigan deserves the 2 seed they got as they were literally a bubble team. It should be OSU playing @ Toledo & YSU @ Michigan.

YSU isn't a top 4 seed

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/dan-dakich-peels-back-curtain-on-craziness-during-kelvin-sampson-rob-senderoff-era

"Indiana fans, if you want to get under Senderoff's skin, cheer Bud Mackey,'' Dakich said. "Bud Mackey was a palyer from Kentucky that he sold Sampson on but never got to play. Why? Armed robbery, drugs, you name. Multiple charges.

"So we find out that Bud Mackey has been arrested and I'm sitting in my office, and I'm just laughing. I'm watching Senderoff, and Ray McCallum and Kelvin Sampson, it's like the Keystone Cops of idiots. We find out that Bud Mackey has been arrested and my man Senderoff is balling in my office. Literally crying his eyes out.''

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/dan-dakich-peels-back-curtain-on-craziness-during-kelvin-sampson-rob-senderoff-era

"Indiana fans, if you want to get under Senderoff's skin, cheer Bud Mackey,'' Dakich said. "Bud Mackey was a palyer from Kentucky that he sold Sampson on but never got to play. Why? Armed robbery, drugs, you name. Multiple charges.

"So we find out that Bud Mackey has been arrested and I'm sitting in my office, and I'm just laughing. I'm watching Senderoff, and Ray McCallum and Kelvin Sampson, it's like the Keystone Cops of idiots. We find out that Bud Mackey has been arrested and my man Senderoff is balling in my office. Literally crying his eyes out.''

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Mr. Pinky's commitment to high character players goes way back!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

That article is the gift that just keeps on giving.  Some of my favorite parts:

"I took the coach at Kent State's job, Rob Senderoff. Rob Senderoff was cheating his brains out for Kelvin Sampson at Indiana and Kelvin is pretty smart. He got rid of Senderoff, but took care of him"

"He slips me a camp check and says 'give it to Senderoff, would ya?' So Senderoff gets fired in the middle of the 2008 season, and then because cheating pays, he ends of getting a job at Kent State becuse he has buddies there. He went back to Kent State and got a job because he's  a scheming little guy.''

"Senderoff was a little cheat, and he wasn't even any good at it,'' Dakich said. "He got caught easy when he was at Indiana."

"You've got to understand that when I came to Indiana after 16 years at Indiana with Bob Knight, this little weasel Senderoff tells me 'this is as new Indiana. There's a new sheriff in town,’ “Dakich said. ''I said, ah, man, you guys are great. You're all awesome.' About a month later, I find out that Senderoff and McCallumn and Sampson are all cheating like crazy.''

Dakich said that Senderoff ''has done a good job and Kent State, and has a good team,'' but he also interjected that he ''probably still gets his players the same way Kelvin Sampson does, by cheating.''

"You can't lose to little Robbie Senderoff. He had no idea how to coach nothing. He was coaching the bigs, and that's what I did after he was fired. We had D.J. White. I said 'D.J., you need to get a jump hook.' Senderoff never did that. He's a whiner, he's a baby.''

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

That article is the gift that just keeps on giving.  Some of my favorite parts:

"I took the coach at Kent State's job, Rob Senderoff. Rob Senderoff was cheating his brains out for Kelvin Sampson at Indiana and Kelvin is pretty smart. He got rid of Senderoff, but took care of him"

"He slips me a camp check and says 'give it to Senderoff, would ya?' So Senderoff gets fired in the middle of the 2008 season, and then because cheating pays, he ends of getting a job at Kent State becuse he has buddies there. He went back to Kent State and got a job because he's  a scheming little guy.''

"Senderoff was a little cheat, and he wasn't even any good at it,'' Dakich said. "He got caught easy when he was at Indiana."

"You've got to understand that when I came to Indiana after 16 years at Indiana with Bob Knight, this little weasel Senderoff tells me 'this is as new Indiana. There's a new sheriff in town,’ “Dakich said. ''I said, ah, man, you guys are great. You're all awesome.' About a month later, I find out that Senderoff and McCallumn and Sampson are all cheating like crazy.''

Dakich said that Senderoff ''has done a good job and Kent State, and has a good team,'' but he also interjected that he ''probably still gets his players the same way Kelvin Sampson does, by cheating.''

"You can't lose to little Robbie Senderoff. He had no idea how to coach nothing. He was coaching the bigs, and that's what I did after he was fired. We had D.J. White. I said 'D.J., you need to get a jump hook.' Senderoff never did that. He's a whiner, he's a baby.''

Dakich showing once again he's a whiner and a baby because he didn't get the IU job - or any other coaching job since. Now he's a sports talk show hack and a bad color commentator. I take anything he says with a giant grain of salt.

Edited by ewbrooman1

Just now, ewbrooman1 said:

Dakich showing once again he's a whiner and a baby because he didn't get the IU job - or any other coaching job since. Now he's a sports talk show hack and a bad color commentator. I take anything he says with a giant grain of salt.

Me too (unless it is critical about Mr, Pinky!  LOL).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Regardless of your thoughts on Dakich, I would venture to guess his stories are pretty factual here. 

Sampson's cheating scandal was pretty ugly. KSUcks being on Houston's schedule this year was pretty telling about Pinky's relationship with Sampson. We've seen the questionable character recruited to PCCC by Pinky. And let's be honest: the image of Pinky balling his eyes out is both hilarious and entirely believable. He always looks like he's one mean word away from crying.