Game 2 - Morgan State

GoZips86

3 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Regardless of the Richmond game, Morgan State is a mediocre 1-AA program (at best). We'll beat them handily.

With Irons' long injury layoff, and the lack of contact in summer camp, I think he was both rusty and skittish. And we still almost won.

The Zips will romp this week...Irons will get back on track...I'll have too many Oktoberfests in Lot 9...and we'll move on to Kentucky...where I'll be attending along with my wife. 

If there are any Zips-Lexington tailgate parties going on...besides mine...feel free to PM me.

Night time kickoffs = a full afternoon of tailgating on back-to-back Saturdays! 

campervan.gifbeerbang.gifdrink2.gif

• Like 1

3 areas I’d like to see some clarification on today:

1) Quarterback. While DJI may not have the same natural arm strength he had a year ago, he still has enough. Decision making was decent last week (outside of the glaring INT.), but can still use some improvement. If I’m going to lean to the bright side, maybe the injury turns out to be a blessing in disguise if his throwing motion continues to improve and he eventually becomes more accurate than he was before. That’s a big if. Otherwise, it’ll be time for someone else to be given a chance.

2) Pass Rush. If we can’t create it this week, I’ll be worried. I doubt that will be the case though. Terray Jones, Ryan Johnson, and CJ Nunnally provided small glimpses into what they could become against Temple. Those 3 are currently the most complete players along the DL. 

3) Run the football. This is more of a request. The offensive line is much improved. The running backs are much improved. Give them the ball.

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 6

If anyone has trouble transferring multiple tickets to their Apple Wallet, transfer them individually. I tried for 30 minutes to figure out why I couldn't transfer my two tickets simultaneously...then when I did one at a time, it worked. 🤬

Off to mow my lawn, then head to InfoCision. 3pm ETA.

This guy was a Miami recruit and had a lot of offers:  "Of course, a player of Seymore’s talent will continue to be recruited by other teams, in spite of a standing commitment. Teams like Florida, Georgia, Oregon, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Florida State all offered Seymore, and tried to build a connection with him, after his early commitment to Miami."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

https://x.com/xklvsive00/status/1700560720948027478?s=61&t=_TFqePY4lFXUo5BavIxA3w

Gameday commitment! OL transfer from Miami. Trying to find out if he’s a late addition to 2023 or if he’s 2024.

Is this Joel Rodriguez's "U" connection at work, or the Cristobal/JoeMo connection at work (as @GoZips88 brought up in an offline convo)? Either way, seems like quite the get. 

We need to avoid being one of the teams that has been put on upset alert all day by their FCS opponent (NIU, CMU, etc.).

• Like 1