Game 10 - Miami Redhawks

ZippyRulz

This game just sums up the season.  Terrible play calling in short yardage situations, the obligatory Cuff interception, stupid penalty that prolongs a drive or negates a fumble recovery, defense playing well enough to win but the offense sucks so bad that give it up.  And we keep wondering why Lindgard does not get the ball more.

• Like 5

This is by far the most boring/forgettable game of the Moorhead era. Never really feels like we’ve had a chance to win, haven’t necessarily done anything well, save for some good defense. Almost a carbon copy of last year’s Miami game. 

How much is ESPN wasting on this game? Throw in, Miami has one of their best teams of the last decade and the place looks and sounds like a ghost town. 

• Like 1

Is there ANY gut feel left in coaching or is it really necessary to spend a good chunk of a play clock reading off the entire left side of a Denny's menu ... only to call a play to a TE running laterally who would have been stopped for no gain? Come on, Joe! 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, 2nd and 3rd and goal ... never expected this.

• Like 1

So, I had to drive from Spokane to Seattle and survive rush hour traffic. Listened to the Zips broadcast on XM. I have a question. Does Joe get paid a bonus to say the Zips are in four down territory or should go for it on fourth regardless of how stupid of an idea it would be?

1 minute ago, GP1 said:

So, I had to drive from Spokane to Seattle and survive rush hour traffic. Listened to the Zips broadcast on XM. I have a question. Does Joe get paid a bonus to say the Zips are in four down territory or should go for it on fourth regardless of how stupid of an idea it would be?

He lost his fast ball probably 30 years ago. On top of that, 48 hours ago he was calling a different sport in South Dakota. 

Just flipped over to EMU/TOL. Toledo 1st and goal on the 2. Hand-off to Boone the primary back and into the end zone he goes. Not that hard, Joe.

(... and I get that O-lines are apples and oranges but Lingard produces when given a chance)

Edited by GoZips88

4 minutes ago, GoZips88 said:

Just flipped over to EMU/TOL. Toledo 1st and goal on the 2. Hand-off to Boone the primary back and into the end zone he goes. Not that hard, Joe.

(... and I get that O-lines are apples and oranges but Lingard produces when given a chance)

And I suspect his season (and career) is over considering he went out with injury. Seems like a tough guy so I assume it’s serious. Such a waste of talent.

2 minutes ago, LZIp said:

And I suspect his season (and career) is over considering he went out with injury. Seems like a tough guy so I assume it’s serious. Such a waste of talent.

I was half-watching while talking on the phone. Must have missed the play where he got hurt. Very sorry to hear that. 

1 hour ago, GP1 said:

GP, 

I saw in your recent post you listened to the Zips broadcast on XM. I have Sirius XM and I would like to know how to pick up Zip radio broadcasts. Thanks and enjoy Washington state.

The defense played very well all things considered as they only gave up 236 total yards. It was a shame that our offense returned to its poor form right on cue and gave them so little help. It was a shame too because they had some good drives but came away with nothing to show for them. 

• Like 2