Game 11- Gardner Webb

clarkwgriswold

The 5-7 Gardner Webb Bulldogs come to the JAR Thursday to face the Zips.   

Caleb Robinson, a 6'4" senior guard, leads the Bulldogs in both scoring (14.3 ppg) and rebounding (6.4).   5'11" junior guard Julian Saolmauro is their second leading scorer at 13.9 ppg.  The Bulldogs compete in the Big South Conference where they were predicted to finish 4th in the preseason poll, behind  UNC Asheville, Radford and Winthrop.  Guard DQ Nicholas, a 6'1" senior guard was named to the Big South Preseason first team and is averaging 10.6 ppg.  The Bulldogs five wins have come over Erskine, Weber State, Limestone (there's one for Captain's list), Western Carolina and North Greenville.

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/18/2023 at 12:13 PM, Blue & Gold said:

Guys & Gals are playing a double-header on Thursday. I think I'll try to catch both!

I've done the doubleheader thing a few times. Fun, but it does make for a long day/ evening. It would be even more appealing if they had better food at the JAR since they usually run through the dinner hour.

Edited by ewbrooman1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

I've done the doubleheader thing a few times. Fun, but it does make for a long day/ evening. It would be even more appealing if they had better food at the JAR since they usually run through the dinner hour.

Doing on a weekday does little to promote interest and attendance.

On 12/19/2023 at 7:15 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

Gardner–Webb University (Gardner–Webb, GWU, or GW) is a private Christian liberal arts university in Boiling Springs, North Carolina. It was founded as Boiling Springs High School in 1905. Gardner-Webb is a classified among "Doctoral/Professional Universities.

And the alma mater of ML Carr and Loyld (World B.) Free

The Gardner-Webb teams are known as the "Runnin' Bulldogs."  That's quite an image.  I've never seen a bulldog run.

My son went to a university and lived in a dorm where the team mascot, a bulldog.  In getting hyped up for the big game against their rival, they trained the bulldog to attack and tear up a box with the rival's emblem on it.  In front of the student body they unleashed the bulldog to tear up the box, he frantically approached the box and....started humping it.  I guess "Runnin' Bulldogs" is better than "Humpin' Bulldogs." 

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Haha 3

This will be your one and only warning (per today's email)!

Thank you for your ongoing support of Akron Athletics and our Zips student-athletes.  Below are some friendly reminders regarding parking at athletics events.

The University of Akron and Akron Athletics have been working with UAkron Park, a third-party vendor, as they have taken over all parking for the University and special events. 

Throughout the fall semester, UAkron Park has been issuing warnings to fans that parked in non-event spaces. 

Be advised, UAkron Park is issuing tickets to fans that do not park in designated lots.

Please be sure to park in your designated lot and have your parking pass visible. Do not park in lots with signage indicating "no event parking." Fans that do not have parking passes should park in Lot 1 and pay the designated fees. 

That's one hell of a thank you.  

• Thumbs down 3

15 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Thank you for your ongoing support of Akron Athletics and our Zips student-athletes.  Below are some friendly reminders regarding parking at athletics events.

The University of Akron and Akron Athletics have been working with UAkron Park, a third-party vendor, as they have taken over all parking for the University and special events. 

Throughout the fall semester, UAkron Park has been issuing warnings to fans that parked in non-event spaces. 

Be advised, UAkron Park is issuing tickets to fans that do not park in designated lots.

Please be sure to park in your designated lot and have your parking pass visible. Do not park in lots with signage indicating "no event parking." Fans that do not have parking passes should park in Lot 1 and pay the designated fees. 

Don't give any money to these losers, park behind olin, across buchtel by the Greek Church, under Schrank South

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Heck of a way to build goodwill and attendance. For football I refuse to pay $10 to park in a deck that is as far away as the Olin Hall lot. I'm sure the extra $500(?) a game they get for basketball will significantly impact the program. What do you suppose they're paying the third party?

Edited by ewbrooman1

2 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

And how are they going to enforce these tickets?  They aren't law enforcement.   I have a lot pass, but I'm still offended by this.  Years ago when I lived in Chicago  I received a ticket for parking in a "non-metered spot."  We could contest by mail.  I sent pics of where I parked and showed them it was perfectly legal and then added thus in un-American, ticketing me for being  smart.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

And how are they going to enforce these tickets?  They aren't law enforcement.   I have a lot pass, but I'm still offended by this.  Years ago when I lived in Chicago  I received a ticket for parking in a "non-metered spot."  We could contest by mail.  I sent pics of where I parked and showed them it was perfectly legal and then added thus in un-American, ticketing me for being  smart.

they aren’t gonna let you graduate if you don’t pay 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

You'll be put on double secret probation buster! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1