Game 24- James Madison

We have 5 starters and only 3 that are scoring.  We need more from Hunter and Dawson who are missing in action again.  I just wish somebody would step up from the bench to get more minutes but none of the subs have done anything.  I only remember Tavari hitting a 3. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Thornton led the MAC in assists and is always near the top in assist to turnover ratio.  His ball handing is fine.  He's just not a great penetrator or very explosive, talents possessed by Tavari.   It's all about timing and matchups with those two.

Thornton is MUCH better defensively.   Although TJ has worked a lot harder on his D lately.  

• Like 1

Dawson has just been disappointing offensively after starting off so well.  His outside shot has not been there and that seems to be his entire game offensively.  We need somebody to help Ali, Freeman and Tribble against good teams and the rest of the team has come up empty.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

This team is just good, not great. Beats the bad teams. Loses to the good ones. We have 1 month to figure out how to be great.

Agreed.  Without Nate I thought Dawson would step up.  We need one of the guards not named Tribble to contribute offensively.