Game 24- James Madison

8 minutes ago, Reslife4Life said:

I don't know about that, given those parameters, when was the last great akron team

Probably the ranked team up until Abreu got arrested. Perhaps that LCJ, Cheese, Xeyruis, Banks team could have been great, but we were robbed of knowing.

• Like 1

It’s time for Tavari.  He needs more minutes.  He can be the next tribble in developing his shot by playing more.  
I said the same thing last year about Tribble and he’s such a better player from running offense to creating his own shot.  
The time  is now. 

Edited by dirtyolcrowe
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Probably the ranked team up until Abreu got arrested. Perhaps that LCJ, Cheese, Xeyruis, Banks team could have been great, but we were robbed of knowing.

I was thinking about the 2020 team as well, but took a look back at their results and I don't think they were any better on paper.

10 minutes ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

It’s time for Tavari.  He needs more minutes.  He can be the next tribble in developing his shot by playing more.  
I said the same thing last year about Tribble and he’s such a better player from running offense to creating his own shot.  
 is now. 

The guy that was 1-5 from the field and is 3rd on the team in turnovers per game at like 12 mins a game?

47 minutes ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

is now. 

He’s already a much better shooter than Trib was in his second year.  If TJ works hard on defense and learns the rotations he will probably get more minutes.  He got pulled from several early season games for dogging it and got himself deep in the dog house.  

Edited by Zip JD
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reslife4Life said:

Groce on the postgame: “James Madison played great, I have nothing good to say about the zips”

I disagree.  I thought Tribble Freeman, and Ali had good games.  But you cannot play 3 on 5 offensively the entire game.  Somebody has to get hot among the other 5 players

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zip JD said:

The Zips are not going to win many big games as long as Nate Johnson in street clothes and a cast is as big an offensive threat as Smart, Thorn or Dawson.  One of them  has to step up.  All 3 get open looks all game.  

Whether people are willing to admit it or not, the team to outlast the rest if often also the luckiest. You can even look at most MAC tournament champs and point to something like that where they got an edge. A lot of the time, that luck is in the injury department. Nate is a bigger missing piece than I thought. Doesn’t mean they couldn’t have played better and won tonight, but he starts for a reason. I believe yesterday marked the 4-week mark for him. Hopefully he’s progressing on schedule. 

37 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I disagree.  I thought Tribble Freeman, and Ali had good games.  But you cannot play 3 on 5 offensively the entire game.  Somebody has to get hot among the other 5 players

To paraphrase one of our opponent’s message boards earlier this year - “The Zips are Freeman, Tribble, Ali…and a bunch of guys.”

Dawson and Hunter are virtually invisible.

Get well soon Nate. We need you.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

Never said he should be a starter but def 1st sub.  He should look to play about 18 minutes per game.  

Tavari has potential. He needs to earn his minutes imo. Thornton's assist to TO ratio is twice as high as Tavaris, with better defense, imo. Tavari has a higher ceiling but has to prove it with his opportunities, and he hasn't yet

• Like 1