2024 MAC Tournament

Just got home from the game.  Tough start, but proud of them for grinding out the win. Interesting to see Freeman not start out on Mirambeaux - probably helped him stay on the floor. Tavari, Thornton, and Scott provided some good minutes tonight - 19 points between them. Ultimately though, the difference was having the best player in the league. Enrique is special.

Tomorrow will be a dogfight if it's OU.  Can't wait!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Easier to do when all six of your Ohio teams took 75% of the slots. 😊

I consider Toledo southeast Michigan. 

OU is smokin hot for sure. They hit their wall tomorrow 

Ohio blows out WM.  Wins the TO battle 18-3.  Take care of the ball!!

Zips win over Ohio in January shot 8/18 3 Pointers (44%).  Can't afford another 3/23 (13%) 3 point shooting (like today) against a hot Ohio team.

I looked at the score and expected to see them be on fire offensively - but they weren't, really...41% from the field, 31% from deep. But they forced 18 turnovers and scored 29 points off of them, while only turning it over 3 times on offense.  We turned it over 14 times tonight, for reference.

I had to listen to the game on the radio, but watching those Ali to Freeman dunks were worth the wait. 

Tavari did play very well today.

Nate’s shots weren’t falling, but he keeps looking better and better.

Tough one tomorrow. Let’s keep it rolling. 

Go Zips!!

Ohio is playing well. They've also been blessed by the schedule gods. Their 7 game winning streak included Kent, Akron, and Bowling Green at home, with Western today on a neutral court. Their road games were Miami, NIU, and Buffalo. Their run ends tomorrow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The defense was better today.  

Miami struggled with dribbling the ball up the court.  I like the added pressure by our guards.  I hope we keep that up.  I also liked the fact the we got our hands in the passing lanes several times.

• Like 1