2017-2018

UAZip0510

22 minutes ago, UAZippers said:

Congrats to Noah. He gets to head home and play for a great team. Seems like the ideal outcome for him.

I feel the same.  Looking back, I consider ourselves fortunate to have a kid like this come from Nevada (as a POY) to Akron to play for 3 years.  He even stayed after sustaining a devastating injury, and fought to come back asap.  Had also been a starter since his Freshman year.  

I say "good for him" to get to go home and play at UNLV for a year to close his college career.  

Best wishes to Noah from here too. Do you guys know the UNLV progrum well enough to know if Noah will get playing time or possibly start?

Thanks for your time at Akron Noah.

3 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

Best wishes to Noah from here too. Do you guys know the UNLV progrum well enough to know if Noah will get playing time or possibly start?

Thanks for your time at Akron Noah.

All I know is their program fell on hard times several years ago.  Not familiar with their current G roster, but would anticipate Noah to have a shot at starting or getting signif PT.  Will sure be following and rooting for him, as always.  They're not on our roster, in the event w/ Maui U are they??  So good to see the team playing in HI twice this season!:rock:

I briefly read a story earlier that said that he is actually sitting out this coming year.  Did anyone know that he wasn't going to graduate before he transferred?

Anyway, the story indicated that this was actually a good scenario for him and for UNLV, since they would be losing their other good PG after this coming season.  So, it looks like they already have him slated to be the man for his final year of play. 

I hope I got that info. correct.  

On 7/8/2017 at 9:29 PM, skip-zip said:

I briefly read a story earlier that said that he is actually sitting out this coming year.  Did anyone know that he wasn't going to graduate before he transferred?

Anyway, the story indicated that this was actually a good scenario for him and for UNLV, since they would be losing their other good PG after this coming season.  So, it looks like they already have him slated to be the man for his final year of play. 

I hope I got that info. correct.  

Noah has never said he would be a graduate transfer.  He will finish his business undergraduate degree at UNLV.  This is a typical undergraduate transfer we have seen hundreds of times.  I don't know why there is any confusion about sitting out a year.  FYI:  The real story to watch is whether Antino can graduate  from UA in a few weeks and become a graduate transfer to New Mexico.

10 minutes ago, ZZZips said:

Noah has never said he would be a graduate transfer.  He will finish his business undergraduate degree at UNLV.  This is a typical undergraduate transfer we have seen hundreds of times.  I don't know why there is any confusion about sitting out a year.  

I don't recall anyone accusing him of saying anything about graduating.  I can see that this is a traditional transfer.  There shouldn't be any confusion about his requirement to sit out a year under those circumstances.  I was only asking if anyone knew that this (a non-graduate transfer) was going to be the case with him.  

Edited by skip-zip

36 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I recall reading earlier in the process that both Noah and Antino would be graduate transfers. Whether that is accurate or not, who knows.

Yep, that's what I recall reading on here.  Dang, that's the first misinformation ever on Zipsnation!  :rofl:

Good luck to Noah.  Kid always represented UA well.  It is a real shame his college career was impacted by the knee injury.  The year off may really benefit him.

On 4/9/2017 at 2:11 AM, feetg10 said:

Verbal commits has Noah listed as a transfer. When did this happen? 

On 4/9/2017 at 2:32 AM, Blackburn said:

Probably when he found out he would be a grad transfer...  

On 4/9/2017 at 7:33 PM, LZIp said:

Interesting that Noah is apparently a grad transfer when Hilltopper essentially said the opposite just on Friday.

4 hours ago, LZIp said:

I recall reading earlier in the process that both Noah and Antino would be graduate transfers. Whether that is accurate or not, who knows.

What I said at the beginning of all this was true. At the end of the spring semester neither Antino or Noah were eligible to be grad transfers. Noah chose the prudent path and decided to sit out a year and concentrate on his studies at a reasonable pace. Antino on the other hand is trying to cram an entire years worth of classes into 2 summer sessions so he can get his degree. I wish him luck. If you look closely you will see that the only announcement about Antino transferring to New Mexico was from him. The school can't make any official announcement until he graduates.

Edited by Hilltopper
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We already knew we were playing CSU at the JAR. We're also playing Marshall and 2-3 Diamond Head Classic games. I've heard absolutely nothing on any of the other 8 or so OOC games. If someone with inside knowledge could weigh in on the other opponents that have been finalized, that would be great.

• Like 2

Is there any talk about expanding the NEO Coaches vs. Cancer Classic field? I understand those are the only 4 premier DI schools in NEO, but how many years of switching between CSU and YSU are we going to have to endure? I'd like to see the field expanded to include Wright State and Dayton. I would LOVE to see Cincy, Xavier, and OSUcks get in on the Ohio action, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, zippyman23 said:

Nov 25th - @Dayton

See how everything works out to the good.  It actually turned out to be a blessing that the Zips play Kent on a Tuesday night earlier that week.  If the Wagon Wheel game was held on it's rightful date, it would have created a conflict for those of us who wished to attend both contests.  Yay MACtion!