Miami- 2/4/22 and 2/6/22

clarkwgriswold

47 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

In looking at the above seedings (bound to change), I also like the #3 seed.  We'd get an additional easier game.  I suppose I'd rather have  tourney run of

Round 1: Ball State

Round 2: Toledo

Round 3: Ohio

than

Round 1: Buffalo

Round 2: Ohio

Round 3: Toledo

That second option is absolutely brutal.

I wasn't a fan of cutting the field down to 12 but that 4th seed 5th seed game is another reason to keep the bottom 4 at home.  A win by the 12th seed in the first round essentially turns the 4th seed into the 1st seed.

and if you get really bored.  The seeding calculator is up and running:

http://bball.notnothing.net/mac.php?sport=mbb

Edited by NWAkron
  • Like 1

Groce's motivational speeches have to be something like this...

"Y'all ain't nothing, man. Y'all think since you almost beat OSUcks and won a few games since that you're something? Y'all ain't nothing. Y'all actually suck. But... We can out-effort our opponents. And that is the key to victory."

4 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Groce's motivational speeches have to be something like this...

"Y'all ain't nothing, man. Y'all think since you almost beat OSUcks and won a few games since that you're something? Y'all ain't nothing. Y'all actually suck. But... We can out-effort our opponents. And that is the key to victory."

I prefer-

• Like 1

As soon as Freeman hit the bench this team started to struggle.  A couple of bounce passes to Aziz that he could not handle and a couple of long 3 balls.  Once again we are taking a long time to get into an offensive set with a lot of dribbling outside.  I agree with running down the shot clock at the end of the half but put the ball in X hands.  That mistake cost us 4 points.  The refs sure like blowing the whistle in this game.  We are going to set a record for moving screens and offensive fouls.  AZZis has to challenge guys who are driving in the paint.  He backed off twice on the last 2 plays and Groce finally pulled him.