2023-24 MAC & CBB Season

Let'sGoZips94

Hey guys happy victory Saturday! There’s a ton of opportunities for our NET to actually go up today plus a lot of good MACtion

James Madison vs southern miss 3pm ESPN+ (honestly let JMU win so we can try at a Q1 game)

St Bonnie’s vs richmond 4pm ESPN+

And the big one Colorado St vs Utah State on mountain west network. If Utah state wins they are in the top 25 for sure

• Like 2

I've gotta say, the MAC is pure trash this year. I used to tell myself and whoever would listen that it's some good hoops and deserves some more love. We've had some ranked teams and little tourney runs over the past decade or so even after the 90s glory days. But this year, it's Horizon league quality. Bummer

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, csims0917 said:

MAC was higher level last year and made some noise… just for the transfer portal to poach everyone except us 

While everybody else is losing people we have All-MAC players returning.  I think that speaks volumes as to Groce's program culture.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

While everybody else is losing people we have All-MAC players returning.  I think that speaks volumes as to Groce's program culture.

The announcers last night may it seem that Freeman lost out on a million dollars of endorsement money by not transferring.  It seems that $25000 to 50,000 would be more accurate.

12 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Crazy day in MAC.  Hocking Hills breathes sigh of relief.  Ball State loses at home to Central?  Can't get any lower than that.  If u want a nice evening watch the replay on espn+ of Kent game.  Off the hook

Doesn't look like it is available on ESPN+ yet.  Well shucks, it was on CBS Sports.  Please send me a VHS copy.

I think Stan Heath is happy to be rid of Bates.  It has been addition by subtraction for them.

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Doesn't look like it is available on ESPN+ yet.  Well shucks, it was on CBS Sports.  Please send me a VHS copy.

I think Stan Heath is happy to be rid of Bates.  It has been addition by subtraction for them.

It was on espn +.  The replay is up now.  Pinky majorly screwed up

Broncos better without Norman.  Addition by Subtraction.

Edited by NWAkron

2 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Crazy day in MAC.  Hocking Hills breathes sigh of relief.  Ball State loses at home to Central?  Can't get any lower than that.  If u want a nice evening watch the replay on espn+ of Kent game.  Off the hook

No excuse for blowing second-half 17-point lead. NONE. That's at least three games they've given away this year (JMU, CoC, EMU). No excuse.

That said, at least for this one, they were missing both their starting and backup center to injury (perhaps for the season) and sixth man (CMU transfer Bass) to the flu. Still, up 17 for a solid program - even on the road - no excuse. Even had multiple chances in OT and couldn't finish it.

Only 1 player in starting lineup started last season (Santiago, although Payton had 'starters' minutes) and Santiago missed most of the MAC to injury. Lots of adversity over there. Interesting to see how season plays out for them.