2023-24 MAC & CBB Season

Let'sGoZips94

Bradley is up to 72 in the NET, which officially gives Akron its first Quad 2 win. 

As of 1/15/2024, Akron's 4 losses are...

Utah State - 19th in NET

Drake - 64th in NET

St. Bonnie - 78th in NET

UNLV - 91st in NET

Securing James Madison (61st in NET) on the schedule would be HUGE in terms of SOS. What a great OOC schedule Groce & Co. put together. 

And as always, F the NCAA for preventing Ali Ali from playing in 3 of those games. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 2:24 PM, zipsrule said:

Ohio falls to 1-3 in MAC play as they lose 81-79 to Western.

Let the meltdown on Kitten Attack begin....

That was underway long before this game. We're a broken team, and now it looks like Elmore James will miss time with injury. I'm not sure we'll even get to Cleveland, at this point. 

7 hours ago, Rufus said:

That was underway long before this game. We're a broken team, and now it looks like Elmore James will miss time with injury. I'm not sure we'll even get to Cleveland, at this point. 

We live in a world where it's possible neither Ohio or PCCC make the trip to Cleveland. I like this world. 

Side note: watching NIU & PCCC on ESPN+ right now. NIU has their entire upper section of seating pushed back. Whomever convinced NIU to build their convocation center is the greatest salesman in the world and could sell ice to an Eskimo. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

On 1/13/2024 at 2:24 PM, zipsrule said:

Ohio falls to 1-3 in MAC play as they lose 81-79 to Western.

Let the meltdown on Kitten Attack begin....

I wonder if Jacob Corrigan is still acting like a little b$&#@ on Twitter while trying to pick fights with Akron fans...

• Like 1

I was just checking out the MAC standings. With the exception of UA and BG, it's a sea of average with a couple of dregs at the bottom. Toledo has a good conference record but 11-7 isn't that good of a record. Akron really needs to take advantage of the league and win the MACC. 

2 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

I might be the only one who would care about this matchup, but as of today the NCAA tournament bracketology has (13) Akron vs. (4) Illinois. It’s bound to happen eventually. 

It would give the media a nice storyline.

• Like 1

Net Rankings through the 1/20/2024 games...

Akron - 85

OOC Opponents

Q1

L (No Ali) - Utah State - 27

L (No Ali) - Drake - 44

Q2

W - Bradley - 63

L - St. Bonnie - 79

L (No Ali) - UNLV - 84

Projected Matchup

TBD - James Madison - 62

MAC Overview

Toledo - 141

BUGS - 181

PCCC - 184

ACWH (Athens County Watering Hole) - 194

Miami OH - 230

WMU - 267

NIU - 270

Balls - 278

CMU - 283

EMU - 329

Canada - 341 (21 spots from dead last in the country)

Pathetic conference.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 2

Again, not that we could realistically expect an at large. But things would be interesting if we win the Utah St and St Bonnie games. Probably getting votes and at least talking about a 9-10 seed if we win the MAC. Oh well, just win the rest of em

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Again, not that we could realistically expect an at large. But things would be interesting if we win the Utah St and St Bonnie games. Probably getting votes and at least talking about a 9-10 seed if we win the MAC. Oh well, just win the rest of em

No doubt, but right now we're slotted into a 13 seed by pretty much every bracketologist. Assuming we get JMU and handle our business in the MAC (including winning the 3 in Cleveland), you'd be looking at a 10-11 seed at worst anyways. Actually, if we draw JMU and beat JMU, assuming we hold serve in the MAC, we would probably starting getting votes then with only 4 losses, all to respectable opponents, and 3/4 losses being without Ali Ali.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1