The Battle for the Belt: Mac vs Sun Belt

csims0917

4 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I guess a postseason tournament is a chance for the team to get more time on the floor together against solid competition and being selected to the NIT would be nice, but at the same time I have a hard time getting very enthused with a tournament for 69th place.

I view it more as a consolation prize. Obviously I'm disappointed to not make the tournament. My thing is football routinely sends 5-7 teams to the postseason to not play for a championship and fans seem excited about it. The regular season champ deserves some sort of postseason.

14 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I guess a postseason tournament is a chance for the team to get more time on the floor together against solid competition and being selected to the NIT would be nice, but at the same time I have a hard time getting very enthused with a tournament for 69th place.

Its almost as good as 1st place! 

• 2 weeks later...

How are you guys feeling about the MACs chances tomorrow? We’re currently up 2 in the challenge at 7-5. The SBC has become very top heavy since the last time we saw them, I think it’ll be a bit closer than some think. We just need to go 6-6 to win the challenge. Does it matter? No but I like to have fun with my rooting interests for a day. Root for every MAC team! 

1 hour ago, csims0917 said:

How are you guys feeling about the MACs chances tomorrow? We’re currently up 2 in the challenge at 7-5. The SBC has become very top heavy since the last time we saw them, I think it’ll be a bit closer than some think. We just need to go 6-6 to win the challenge. Does it matter? No but I like to have fun with my rooting interests for a day. Root for every MAC team! 

Except one. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, csims0917 said:

Top to bottom the Sun Belt is the better conference this year and the Sun Belt is hosting the games. They're currently favored in all 12 match-ups. I think the MAC will only win 3-4 games this round.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Top to bottom the Sun Belt is the better conference this year and the Sun Belt is hosting the games. They're currently favored in all 12 match-ups. I think the MAC will only win 3-4 games this round.

The Optimist Club is looking for a few good men.

• Like 1