Game 10- Miami Hamilton

clarkwgriswold

The Miami Hamilton Harriers come to the JAR to face the Zips next Sunday.  The Harriers are 5-5.  According to their website "The Hamilton Harrier Men's Basketball team has been one of the best teams in the USCAA for the past two seasons.  Winning 42 games and only losing 17 games with an Elite Eight and National Runner-Up finishes in the USCAA National Tournament."  The USCAA is "An organization bringing small colleges together not just for athletic competition; more importantly, it is an organization bringing colleges together who have common goals and perspectives in higher education."  The entire team appears to be from the southwest Ohio area and the two biggest team's biggest players are 6'6".   Their website has very little info about the team and no stats.

Get there early.  Seats are limited.

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, csims0917 said:

Can’t wait to miss half of the Browns bears game for this game lmao. Why  couldn’t this be at any other time of the day

They have one or two of these every year.  Muskinghum and Jackson State last year.  Florida A & M the year before.  Southern and Concord the year before.  They seem to be scheduled around the end of the fall semester, so I suspect it has something to do with getting them on the floor without interfering with exams.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

They have one or two of these every year.  Muskinghum and Jackson State last year.  Florida A & M the year before.  Southern and Concord the year before.  They seem to be scheduled around the end of the fall semester, so I suspect it has something to do with getting them on the floor without interfering with exams.

Southern, Jackson State, and Florida A&M are Division 1.

Muskingum, Heidelberg, and Miami-Hamilton are not.

I have no problem with playing one non-D1 each year either to start the season or coming out of exams, but both seems a bit much. One or the other could be a FAMU type.

Many of us lament the fact that bigger names/bigger conference schools never come to the JAR but I wish the reverse would happen too. Would love to see the Zips play a road game at a Southern or NC Central or Dartmouth type school early in the season. I know it may not do a ton for metrics but it seems like a likely win while learning to do so in a true road environment while team building. This year’s team is old so may not be as big of a deal, but would like to see it most seasons.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GJGood said:

Southern, Jackson State, and Florida A&M are Division 1.

Muskingum, Heidelberg, and Miami-Hamilton are not.

I have no problem with playing one non-D1 each year either to start the season or coming out of exams, but both seems a bit much. One or the other could be a FAMU type.

Many of us lament the fact that bigger names/bigger conference schools never come to the JAR but I wish the reverse would happen too. Would love to see the Zips play a road game at a Southern or NC Central or Dartmouth type school early in the season. I know it may not do a ton for metrics but it seems like a likely win while learning to do so in a true road environment while team building. This year’s team is old so may not be as big of a deal, but would like to see it most seasons.

I understand Muskingum, Heidelberg, and Miami-Hamilton are not D1 teams.  My only point is that the trend appears to be to schedule lower quality opponents around exam week.

8 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I’m just going to tell my friends I’m going to see “Hamilton” this weekend. Sounds much classier that way. 

I'm going to tell my friends that I will be in "The room where it happened."

• Haha 1