NCAA Tournament- Creighton

Creighton is a smarter team. Freeman in foul trouble is off Kalkbrenner to start possessions, and McDermott's game plan is forcing a switch to get Freeman back on Kalkbrenner.

Their execution all game has been damn near flawless.  

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

3 minutes ago, akzipper said:

This game hurts a lot more because I have no idea where the Zips go from here. A complete rebuild is coming and I think we're in for some rough years ahead. 

A complete rebuild was coming regardless of how this game shook out.

6 minutes ago, akzipper said:

This game hurts a lot more because I have no idea where the Zips go from here. A complete rebuild is coming and I think we're in for some rough years ahead. 

from the top down

7 minutes ago, akzipper said:

Exactly this. It's not like we have NIL money to buy a new team. What 4th or 5th year senior that has aspirations to play in the tournament is going to want to come to an Akron team devoid of talent?

Groce is going to have to find some diamonds in the rough.

Edited by kreed5120

Overall, I can't complain about the effort. I just don't think this team ever really neared its potential this season. Shooting woes plagued us the 2nd half of the season and we really had no way of defending #11 on Creighton. I'd recommend trying to send a double to force him out of his dribble, but they just shoot the 3 too well to do that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Class of 82 said:

You have a good coach, with a great staff, a culture of winning and you start again. That's how it has worked forever.

Go Zips!

Exactly, we have at least 5 open spots, with the portal maybe it won't be that long before we make it back

10 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Exactly this. It's not like we have NIL money to buy a new team. What 4th or 5th year senior that has aspirations to play in the tournament is going to want to come to an Akron team devoid of talent?

Groce is going to have to find some diamonds in the rough.

It’s especially apparent that LeBron is not going to help his hometown team if he won’t even shout them out or give them shoes like he did for Duquesne. It’s a bummer the Leaf Filter guy was a football player instead of a basketball player, because his donations would go a lot further with the basketball team. I still appreciate what he does for the football team, though.

• Like 1

1st off. Thank you to the seniors… what a fun year. We got to the mountain top! a Mac tournament title. 

looking to next year I think we have a future superstar: Sharon Young. He won 3 straight class 4 titles in WV and also won Gatorade player of the year. He is a power 5 talent coming here! 

you have a gap year and let him grow and by sophomore year we will be ready to hand him the keys. 

Zips will be just fine if we keep Groce

Edited by ZipsFan31
  • Like 5