NCAA Tournament- Creighton

In Pittsburgh in spirit here while having a virtual Primanti's sandwich. Any alums looking for places to eat outside of the immediate arena area but still inside the city, check out the Strip District, Southside, Walnut Street in Shadyside, or the Forbes-Murray Avenue area of Squirrel Hill. (UA, Pitt, and Carnegie Mellon alum here, so I lived in Pittsburgh for many years during graduate school.)

Let's go! Z-I...

Edited by UAZipster0305

15 minutes ago, UAZipster0305 said:

In Pittsburgh in spirit here while having a virtual Primanti's sandwich. Any alums looking for places to eat outside of the immediate arena area but still inside the city, check out the Strip District, Southside, Walnut Street in Shadyside, or the Forbes-Murray Avenue area of Squirrel Hill. (UA, Pitt, and Carnegie Mellon alum here, so I lived in Pittsburgh for many years during graduate school.)

Let's go! Z-I...

P-S!

It's 10:02am and.......

17 hours ago, tpsjugglerdude said:

Interesting tidbit from the article about Freeman. "With 30 double-doubles this season, he’s one away from tying the NCAA record set by David Robinson of Navy in 1986."

If he gets one today does he tie the record? Wasn't sure if tournament stats counted.

3 hours ago, MangoZip said:

It’s amazing how many national outlets still use the old Z logo in reference to this team in the tournament

It's a good thing IMHO. I hate that new A logo. But it's also likely an indictment of the team who made it not to widely publicize it. The move to the Z was almost flawless. The move to the New-A doesn't seem to have been, if I'm being honest. Kinda like the Script Akron...

• Thumbs down 1

I'm probably more stressed out this game than any other Zips tournament appearance. For some reason every other time I felt like we had a chance for the upset. We've just been playing so bad down the stretch, I have a feeling this will get out of hand quick. 

8 minutes ago, akzipper said:

I'm probably more stressed out this game than any other Zips tournament appearance. For some reason every other time I felt like we had a chance for the upset. We've just been playing so bad down the stretch, I have a feeling this will get out of hand quick. 

Having watched the Zips all season, I have the same bad feeling.  But if somebody can get hot from the outside, we can compete.   I just looked at the box score from the UCLA game and X was the leading scorer (18) with Freeman 2nd (14).  Nobody else was close to double digits with Ali scoring 5 on 2 of 10 shooting and Tribble having 5 on 2 of 7 shooting.