2024 Off-Season CBB Tracker & Discussion

I don't want to get too excited, but how can you keep calm with this type of personnel infusion. Bud said the goal was to build a program that could consistently go into the second round of NCAA playoffs. I am not saying we are there, yet we do see a glimmer of what may lie ahead one day, however soon that may be.

• Like 4

I can't remember the coach who originally popularized it, but it seems Akron is adopting the get old; stay old mantra. We were going to have an old team last year, but we still went out and added experienced players to the roster. This year we graduated 4 seniors so we went out and replaced them with 4 new juniors/seniors. 

11 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I can't remember the coach who originally popularized it, but it seems Akron is adopting the get old; stay old mantra. We were going to have an old team last year, but we still went out and added experienced players to the roster. This year we graduated 4 seniors so we went out and replaced them with 4 new juniors/seniors. 

I don't know who gets credit for the phrase, but that is something Groce has said before. You are correct.

9 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Huge moves by Akron after the Gray commitment. 

UA and Vandy are my two favorite universities so it's really cool to see the portal working in their favor.

• Like 1

If you click on the tweet, the official new George Mason logo appears. It's still crap, but it's yellow & green crap. 

I don't mind Vanderbilt's and I love the Akron A, but Western Michigan & George Mason have crap letter logos. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

If you click on the tweet, the official new George Mason logo appears. It's still crap, but it's yellow & green crap. 

I don't mind Vanderbilt's and I love the Akron A, but Western Michigan & George Mason have crap letter logos. 

I have no problem with schools switching to simplistic monogram logos. Most of the biggest schools in the country are known for their iconic logos. Michigan, NotreDame, Ohio State, etc. 

The real problem is in the execution. Vanderbilt and UA did a great job. Western is blah and George Mason is terrible. 

For me personally, there is too much variance in the execution/application of the Akron logo. Sometimes the letter strokes appear thicker or thinner depending on the background. It’s not a mathematical problem, it’s an optical illusion problem. The fuller thicker line version is much more preferred.

Edited by Illini Zip