Jump to content
clarkwgriswold

Game 26- Western Michigan

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

The best time for X to be in a shooting slump is right now. Every player goes through some sort of slump. You could say last night was a FT slump at the end of the game for LCJ. X has proven he's a big moment player, and I think the slump will be broken in Cleveland at the latest. 

 

Sayles has really improved this season. I don't think he played much earlier in the year because I don't think he was up to speed with Groce's system. Bought in? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean he was ready for the speed of the offense yet. He looks way more alert and ready recently, proven by his reception of LCJ's passes in the paint. He's going to be an asset in Cleveland. 

We (mostly @ClarkGriswold) are getting greedy.  We want those double digit wins even on the road!.  Without X or Channel not making 3s consistently,  these are and will be 1-2-3 possession games.  Sigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

......Sayles has really improved this season. I don't think he played much earlier in the year because I don't think he was up to speed with Groce's system. Bought in? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean he was ready for the speed of the offense yet. He looks way more alert and ready recently, proven by his reception of LCJ's passes in the paint. He's going to be an asset in Cleveland. 

Improved? How can you tell? He's been on the bench all season.

 

Somebody else mentioned good hands and footwork. The primary attributes of an effective big man, in my opinion. Why has someone with these natural abilities not been playing? I just don't get it.

 

I've watched Jayden since he was a freshman. He was coming into his own until that horrible season ending fall. Has not really had much of an opportunity since. I'm not surprised he was effective last night. I'd really like to see him become more of a factor going forward. Lord knows we need help at that position.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because I'm bored at work, decided to work up a graph of cumulative shooting percentages for the Zips.  When MAC season opened, the team was shooting 0.374 on 3s, peaked at .400 @OU and has since regressed to 0.377.  Overall shooting percentages have mirrored that trend> .436->.455->.445.  Let's just hope it's a little slump and not tired legs.  The starters have been playing a TON of minutes.

image.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zipfan84 said:

Improved? How can you tell? He's been on the bench all season.

 

Because the same mistakes he was making in the beginning of the season (hurrying shots/play, not being ready for the ball, etc.) aren't being made - at least not as often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

 

No doubt.  I think he's a great addition to the team.  Plays hard and appears to be a great teammate.  Unfortunately, he's in an awful shooting slump.  His last 4 games:

Western- 1-12 from the field, 0-6 from 3 point

Central- 3-11 from the field, 1-7 from 3 point

BG- 4-8 from the field, 0-3 from 3 point

Eastern- 4-13 from the field, 2-10 from 3 point

 

That works out to 12-44 (27%) from the field and  3-26 (12%) from 3 point range.  That's abysmal for a kid of his talent level.  I trust he'll find it as he is a hard worker and isn't shutting down like some kids do.  A kid like him needs to shoot his way out of it and I trust he will.  Another factor in it is that defenses have adjusted and are pressuring him at the 3 point line, but there's no reason he shouldn't be a 35% three point shooter and I trust he'll get it back.

We won 4 games with one of our best players in a shooting slump.  That says a great deal about the potential of this team.  He started the season shooting poorly.  He then shot lights out and now is slumping again.  He admitted during a post game interview once that the reason for his poor shooting was that he was settling for shots instead of working for shots.  It looks like he is back to that tendency.  His slump started in the Eastern game where they really pressure the ball on the perimeter.  We will need his shooting against Buffalo and BG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

We won 4 games with one of our best players in a shooting slump.  That says a great deal about the potential of this team.  He started the season shooting poorly.  He then shot lights out and now is slumping again.  He admitted during a post game interview once that the reason for his poor shooting was that he was settling for shots instead of working for shots.  It looks like he is back to that tendency.  His slump started in the Eastern game where they really pressure the ball on the perimeter.  We will need his shooting against Buffalo and BG. 

 

Yep.  I also think some of the early competition may not have understood that he was a good shooter.  If you look back he had a lot more good looks from guys on him not tightening up on the perimeter early in the MAC season.  That's not happening now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enough of the gun girl already.

Noticed last night and watching Toledo/BG game that the MAC refs are calling Flowers and Marreon Jackson for pushing their legs out on the 3s.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

I'll never get enough of the gun girl.

 

I believe the refs called the kicking thing on a three point shot last night against WM

They called it and our commenting crew could not figure out the call and thought it was a bad call.  I am glad the games are televised but sometimes I cannot figure out what is worse, the commentators, how the commercials are 1000 decibels higher than the commentators, or watching the same commercials over and over and over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

They called it and our commenting crew could not figure out the call and thought it was a bad call.  I am glad the games are televised but sometimes I cannot figure out what is worse, the commentators, how the commercials are 1000 decibels higher than the commentators, or watching the same commercials over and over and over again.

Regghi and Windon are head and shoulders above the rest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Regghi and Windon are head and shoulders above the rest 

IMO - you’re 50% right.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My feelings on Regghi are that he's a goofball, but he's our goofball. When I hear Regghi I know I'm watching some MAC hoops. 

 

Yes that's not exactly the strongest endorsement but whatever. He at least knows the MAC pretty well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

Enough of the gun girl already.

Noticed last night and watching Toledo/BG game that the MAC refs are calling Flowers and Marreon Jackson for pushing their legs out on the 3s.

Amen.  I come to sports forums to get away from the insanity of the real world.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

I want to have her children.

Careful, she'll shot you ass before you even get close.☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

IMO - you’re 50% right.

I want to see Jackie gets bigger games on a national platform. She is flat-out good. Reghi I can tolerate, but Jackie is the best. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 8:31 AM, mivid12 said:

the disease of liberalism where fiction & lunacy collide...your side behaved like unhinged lunatics..of course that's expected

 

Well, if you're interested in facts...

 

This young lady drove onto campus in Athens and turned on a very loud, train-like siren. She then exited the vehicle with a microphone and cameraman and approached an African-American student to request a "man on the street" interview. She then asked, "Don't you feel blacks should thank whites for the fact that we don't permit slavery today?"

 

Question to an LGBT couple: "Why do you feel you have the same rights as everyone else?"

 

With a few more of these gems, she had a crowd. She then started spewing crap about how she was going to bring an army of gun owners to campus.

 

Gun Girl came to town with plans to upset people, capture some audio/video of students calling her names and then repackage that content - with strategic editing - to advance her agenda.

 

The dangerous power of social media.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jupitertoo said:

 

Well, if you're interested in facts...

 

This young lady drove onto campus in Athens and turned on a very loud, train-like siren. She then exited the vehicle with a microphone and cameraman and approached an African-American student to request a "man on the street" interview. She then asked, "Don't you feel blacks should thank whites for the fact that we don't permit slavery today?"

 

Question to an LGBT couple: "Why do you feel you have the same rights as everyone else?"

 

With a few more of these gems, she had a crowd. She then started spewing crap about how she was going to bring an army of gun owners to campus.

 

Gun Girl came to town with plans to upset people, capture some audio/video of students calling her names and then repackage that content - with strategic editing - to advance her agenda.

 

The dangerous power of social media.

 

You're wasting your time. People (democrat or republican) don't care about facts if it doesn't fit their political agenda.

 

If politics must be talked about on this forum, can we please limit it to the off topics section?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

 

If politics must be talked about on this forum, can we please limit it to the off topics section?

 

AKA, the "get that $h!+ outta here forum."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...