Jump to content

Game 5: Akron ZIPS vs. BGSU - Score Prediction (POLL)


AKSportsFan
 Share

Game 5: Akron ZIPS vs. BGSU - Score Prediction (POLL)  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

TB's words come to mind - 

step 1 - lose big

step 2 - lose small

step 3 - win small

step 4 - win big

 

I think we're about to move on to step 2 for a while, and to step 3 (consistently) by the end of the season.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

TB's words come to mind - 

step 1 - lose big

step 2 - lose small

step 3 - win small

step 4 - win big

 

I think we're about to move on to step 2 for a while, and to step 3 (consistently) by the end of the season.

One can hope. The staff needs to keep these guys' heads in the right space. They've been losers their whole career..can't be easy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

One can hope. The staff needs to keep these guys' heads in the right space. They've been losers their whole career..can't be easy.

Without checking, I bet they were all big winners in HS.  With a little success last Saturday, I sensed a bit more intensity in our guys.  They remember winning, and I think that they will put it together Saturday.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Ham said:

Without checking, I bet they were all big winners in HS.  With a little success last Saturday, I sensed a bit more intensity in our guys.  They remember winning, and I think that they will put it together Saturday.

You're right, and I didn't mean to come across as harsh, just stating the fact that Bubba is the only play who's ever won more than 2 games in a season with the Zips. It has to take a psychological toll.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Without checking, I bet they were all big winners in HS.  With a little success last Saturday, I sensed a bit more intensity in our guys.  They remember winning, and I think that they will put it together Saturday.

Zips remembering how to win

tenor-92015450.gif.22cb8eb8391ba3c8d33d05552d82213a.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m going Akron by 2 scores, but I have nothing to base on outside of my desire to see this team take the next step forward. I don’t know what to think of Bowling Green’s non-conference slate except their defense had a hard time stopping anybody.

 

- It seems we found a solid combo on the interior of the DL with Harper and Thomas, but they have been the only ones to get any type of pass rush from the interior, outside of Wilson. Will Holt play this game? If so, what will he give us?

- Jones and Morton are the only edge players with any type of pass rush, but it hasn’t been consistent. Johnson has stepped up against the run. Will Richardson be slotted here whenever he returns?

- I’d like to see more of McCoy and Bubba together. Those two guys were flying around and laying some hits last game. I hope Terry comes back soon too.

- Hooks seemed to play well against Liberty, but wasn’t tested much. Safety play has been much better and needs to continue to improve. Hence and Lewis had some coverage busts from the Nickel spot against Liberty. Where has Golden-Nelson gone? Durant has been hit or miss in coverage.

- If we can’t get some type of run game going, I’ll be concerned. Whigan looked good as a puller and I wonder if Landers will steal some snaps at LT. 
- As long as we get pass pro cleaned up against the stunts/twists we should be fine. We had receivers running free the majority of the game against Liberty. Irons either did not see them or chose to make the more difficult throw. Not practicing much during the week probably played a part in that.

 

 

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Conservative Zips by 1 score.

 

However, I am really looking forward to seeing this offense against similar level talent for once. Liberty is the barometer by which I can most closely judge where our program is. 

 

Does BUGS have a similar or better RB than Dae Dae Hunter (Liberty RB)? Probably not.

Does BUGS have a better front four on defense than Liberty? Probably not. 

 

Those, along with poorly-timed drops and an INT, were why we lost to Liberty. We were 26.5 point underdogs, and that line never changed even after Liberty's starting QB was announced to be out. If our offense gets going, I think this could be a 2+ score victory by the Zips. However, I will error on the side of shooting ourselves in the foot a couple of times to keep it closer to a 1 score Akron victory.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Spin said:

Akron in a squeaker.

 

which is enough for me, after four years of suck. 

If Irons can be mobil with roll outs and options,if he doesn't have to throw more than say..30 times,if they finally find a run game to take the heat off the QB,if Irons doesn't create sacks by holding too long,if the secondary doesn't let receivers run free,if the secondary 'punishes' WR's after the catch,if the D gives up no more than 2 'big' plays'if the D can pressure BG's passers...Zips will win a close one. But,if they can't accomplish 2 or more of those things BG wins.

This game will give us a glimpse of what if any progression this team has made.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Lee Adams said:

If Irons can be mobil with roll outs and options,if he doesn't have to throw more than say..30 times,if they finally find a run game to take the heat off the QB,if Irons doesn't create sacks by holding too long,if the secondary doesn't let receivers run free,if the secondary 'punishes' WR's after the catch,if the D gives up no more than 2 'big' plays'if the D can pressure BG's passers...Zips will win a close one. But,if they can't accomplish 2 or more of those things BG wins.

This game will give us a glimpse of what if any progression this team has made.

 

So according to you a Zips win is a four star lock. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Lee Adams said:

If Irons can be mobil with roll outs and options,if he doesn't have to throw more than say..30 times,if they finally find a run game to take the heat off the QB,if Irons doesn't create sacks by holding too long,if the secondary doesn't let receivers run free,if the secondary 'punishes' WR's after the catch,if the D gives up no more than 2 'big' plays'if the D can pressure BG's passers...Zips will win a close one. But,if they can't accomplish 2 or more of those things BG wins.

This game will give us a glimpse of what if any progression this team has made.

"If" you can find the space key after a comma your post will be readable and not like a graduate of PCCC. Sorry, that was pretty low. No one should suffer that indignation. 😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like most, I'm a flawless 4-0 in picking the Zips wins/losses this season. But this game is much dicier. I am a huge fan of the Zips defensive line. They have size and speed, and depth. Against BG that should help take some pressure off our secondary. I think they carry the Zips to the "W."

 

Although each season is mutually exclusive, Arth beat these guys twice. Did BG beat Marshall? Sure. But they beat Minnesota in 2021 too, and we still won. In BG.

 

Zips are at home. Win by 2+ scores (is a "score" a TD?). Running game gets on-track. Via Twitter we get to watch unstable, completely amateur phone video footage of the Zips team rejoicing, and belting out "Win for Akron!" in the post game locker room.

 

Zips 31 BG 20

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Like most, I'm a flawless 4-0 in picking the Zips wins/losses this season. But this game is much dicier. I am a huge fan of the Zips defensive line. They have size and speed, and depth. Against BG that should help take some pressure off our secondary. I think they carry the Zips to the "W."

 

Although each season is mutually exclusive, Arth beat these guys twice. Did BG beat Marshall? Sure. But they beat Minnesota in 2021 too, and we still won. In BG.

 

Zips are at home. Win by 2+ scores (is a "score" a TD?). Running game gets on-track. Via Twitter we get to watch unstable, completely amateur phone video footage of the Zips team rejoicing, and belting out "Win for Akron!" in the post game locker room.

 

Zips 31 BG 20

 

Good post, Captain!

 

I hope for a good amount of Alumni to show up tomorrow. Although the Zips record isn't great, their on filed play has been improved, so I hope people get out and support tomorrow! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also like how our DL has begun to come into it's own. Victor Jones was a monster from Game 1, but now Zach Morton has emerged as just as much of a monster at the other DE position.  Likewise, Curtis Harper has been solid from Game 1, but now with #55 DT Kyle Thomas lining up beside him we've been stuffing the run for 3 quarters now.  Let's stuff the run & pressure the QB for all 4 quarters tomorrow!

 

Zips win by 2 scores.

 

Go Zips!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...