PCCC- 2/11 at 7 p.m.

clarkwgriswold

2 minutes ago, bigzipguy said:

GP1 , have a good night , do not wish to respond to statement, it is not worth it.  One of the nice things, the few nice things about getting older is your realize somethings are not really that important. 

I'd pay $2,000 to watch a Zip take a 💩 at center court in Kent after a win, on national TV. 

As a student it sucks to have Kent dudes in your face like that. But we asked for it all game. We talked that talk all game and what more do you want?!?! The student turnout was amazing.

We lost and deserved that to happen. Regardless, it would be hilarious to see those guys suspended.

All in all, see you pussies in cleveland.

Cant emphasize how much of pussies those dudes are

• Like 3

1 minute ago, zipsrowdy88 said:

As a student it sucks to have Kent dudes in your face like that. But we asked for it all game. We talked that talk all game and what more do you want?!?! The student turnout was amazing.

We lost and deserved that to happen. Regardless, it would be hilarious to see those guys suspended.

All in all, see you pussies in cleveland.

Cant emphasize how much of pussies those dudes are

be careful you might offend someone with this 

1 minute ago, jupitertoo said:

What does that make the Zips players...who have lost to the "pussies" twice now? 

this akron team is softer than the sofa im sitting on, still love them but they aren't dogs

Banks and cheese would have been damned

Edited by AkronAlumnus
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, jupitertoo said:

What does that make the Zips players...who have lost to the "pussies" twice now? 

Don't you have a board to tend to that is discussing the worst football recruiting class in the MAC - by far? Come back in a couple of weeks after the team that just lost to the pansies twice gets a W in the Convo to even up the season series.

4 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Don't you have a board to tend to that is discussing the worst football recruiting class in the MAC - by far? Come back in a couple of weeks after the team that just lost to the pansies twice gets a W in the Convo to even up the season series.

There are certain people that only pop up here when things aren't going great. Not worth your time

I thought it was a great game even though we lost.  We had a chance to win it at the end but failed to execute.  Groce said post game that it was a 2 man game with Ali and X and that he thought X should have passed it to Ali.  We also had a terrible possession at the end of the half.  Our team has had problems when we have to hold the ball for the last shot.  X does not have that explosive quickness to get to the basket like LCJ.

I thought the main difference was that Kent shot the 3 ball better than we did.  Tribble and Clark both air balled wide open 3 points attempts.  We also had several possessions where we struggled to shoot the ball before the time clock expired.  Remember, this is the first winnable game that we came out on the losing end.  I was hoping that X would pass the ball to an open man for a winning 3 ball.

Finally, I could care less about the Kent team getting in the faces of our students.  Hey, that student section is great and it just shows that they were getting on the nerves of the Kent players.  If the teams meet in Cleveland it will be another toss up.  I thought we were very physical and did not back down from the Kent players.  Great crowd.  I think we had about 90% capacity.  Best college atmosphere in 2 years.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, pdt1420 said:

I’ll say this, if Akron players did that at KSU, I would not be crowing or proud of the team I root for.  

I agree with whoever said blow kisses and wave as you walk of the floor. This was a total classless move. 

Trying to be the voice of reason here.

Let's all agree it was classless...but warranted due to actions in the student section throughout the game.  Two wrongs don't equal 1 write ... but let's not act like this wasn't instigated by Akron, ... and Kent took the bait. Classless on both sides,  .....

• Like 1

Love the Rowdies. Best student turnout and participation I’ve ever seen at the JAR, that felt like old times. I do not believe Kent is better than Akron, but they are tougher physically and they’ve played their best two games of the year against Akron. I’m hoping Akron has this same mentality in every game moving forward. Trimble was getting at it with Carry, Dawson was a junkyard dog, Freeman played one of the best halves of Akron basketball ever. It’s just a tough matchup for Akron for whatever reason. And props to Carry and Santiago. They answered the bell every time they needed to and Akron came away with a close L after a ton of missed opportunities. 

Akron is tough and resilient, they just lack that killer instinct like I said. When we were down 1 or 2, if Trimble would’ve buried the deep right wing three he took I think we would’ve won it. But X made a play then made a bad one. If he kicks it to Ali, fake gangster Carry is going home with his tail between his legs. Great effort. Hate to lose, absolutely brutal to be swept, but Kent played a near perfect game and Akron didn’t. 

On to WMU. Enjoy your weekends everyone, that was a ton of fun. Go Zips!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, RoyalBlu said:

Trying to be the voice of reason here.

Let's all agree it was classless...but warranted due to actions in the student section throughout the game.  Two wrongs don't equal 1 write ... but let's not act like this wasn't instigated by Akron, ... and Kent took the bait. Classless on both sides,  .....

What the hell?? Love the Rowdies, but If you think they are the "rowdiest" student section in the nation, you must not watch much college bball. A student section showing up and making noise and saying crap isn't "instigating". If it is, many sections across the country are instigators, but the Kent pansies are the only opposing team that can't handle it.

The whole team getting in their face and taunting immediately after the buzzer sounds is bullshit. It could've potentially lead to physical altercations between fans and players which isn't a good look for anyone. I'm not crying about it as it makes the rivalry what it is, but just another example of the lack of class that program/university has, and there's nothing wrong with calling it out when it happens. If Akron players did that I honestly would be embarrassed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, zipsrowdy88 said:

IDGAF about any of the stats to be honest, this team fights hard, but they arent as good as years past. Sure, we know that.

Last time I checked, nothing matters until Cleveland. Kent can win 100 times until then, knock yourselves out.

March is where champions are made

Didn't they sweep the regular season in 2010-11, and we beat them in the MAC Tourney?

Dancing on Porini! Dancing on Porini!

• Like 1