Game One

Zipmeister

A win is a win is a win. 

A lot to like. A lot to not like. In JoeMo I trust.

Also, hats off to St. Francis. Heck of a squad and effort.

Thank you Mohican for 2 bars of service standing by my truck outside of the cabin so I could watch that. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

Win is a win. Lot to clean up....but I think we can still be competitive in MAC play. Bunch of guys playing in a new system playing together in real action for the first time.

I also thought St Francis didn't look too bad. Their grave mistake IMO was taking the #4 QB out of the game. He was multi dimensional and we couldn't contain him. Ran the RPO well. On to East Lansing....

• Like 2

More in-depth thoughts tomorrow (ESPECIALLY for the pathetic atmosphere), but Joe Moorhead has never lost a game as head coach of the Zips! I’m happy but also a little disappointed. That felt way too much like the last 3 years. Maybe they can rally and wind up making some noise this year, but I was bummed by how flat and overmatched they looked at times. The foundation is with the line, and the line is so, so bad. Those Arth guys will never amount to anything, they got bullied. Not good. And the defense made some plays when they needed to, sans a 4/5 play-81yd drive to tie the game back up. What was with all the blitzing early? So unnecessary. Special teams nearly cost the game too. Gardner Webb anyone? Again, happy to win, but my hopes and expectations were far too high. 

8 hours ago, AKSportsFan said:

Thankful for the win but man I was having PTSD from the 2010 Overtime loss to Gardner-Webb under Ianello. 

Man I wish there was just some adjustments to make but we got outplayed. We may just not have the horses. Rough realization.

It certainly does take Jimmys and Joes.

I know it's only game 1 but that OL play didn't look much different from what we were treated to under Arth. I expected MUCH-improved coaching staff + better players = noticeable improvement, especially against an FCS opponent (don't care if they are decent FCS).

TOTALLY onboard with Joe and staff (thrilled to have them here) and just have to accept they need time to coach this current group of young men up and recruit more of what they're looking for in the coming years.

• Like 1