The World of College Football

GP1

On 10/21/2023 at 3:41 PM, ZippyRulz said:

not a tosu fan but where's Holtz?

Pretty sure Holtz brought up his Michigan record, which is still valid. Ohio State will probably get dog walked by anyone with a competent offense. Notre Dame & Penn State have inconsistent, below average offenses. 

Day is not a great coach. 

Speaking of Holtz, fake Lou Holtz interviewing Day on Friday during the Pat McAfee Show was gold. 

If the MAC hasn't eliminated divisions, they should and adopt an ACC style model. Below is Wake Forest's future schedule.

My point is this. It's possible to maintain in state rivalries while providing athletes students alumni fans and general communities a great experience. I just wish the MAC and ACC would go to 9 conference games. 

https://godeacs.com/news/2023/10/30/exciting-matchups-inside-allegacy-stadium-await-acc-announces-football-schedule-model-for-2024-30?fbclid=IwAR1_1FhnTwR-UQ_Sfv-jEuNJLFZH18vup96fJX1GU3PL0xXWAsSHO9NJLNc

On 10/30/2023 at 7:54 PM, GP1 said:

If the MAC hasn't eliminated divisions, they should and adopt an ACC style model. Below is Wake Forest's future schedule.

My point is this. It's possible to maintain in state rivalries while providing athletes students alumni fans and general communities a great experience. I just wish the MAC and ACC would go to 9 conference games. 

https://godeacs.com/news/2023/10/30/exciting-matchups-inside-allegacy-stadium-await-acc-announces-football-schedule-model-for-2024-30?fbclid=IwAR1_1FhnTwR-UQ_Sfv-jEuNJLFZH18vup96fJX1GU3PL0xXWAsSHO9NJLNc

Lol are you like a Wake Forest spokesperson or so? Almost every post of yours they are mentioned 😂

Edited by GoZips86

2 hours ago, GoZips86 said:

Lol are you like a Wake Forest spokesperson or so? Almost every post of yours they are mentioned 😂

No. I just go to their games. It's enjoyable. I think if them a lot when I think of Akron. There is nothing they have accomplished in the he ACC in the past 15 years that Akron couldn't in the MAC. 

Wake Forest is a historically horrible program in a city very much like Akron. In fact, Akron Blvd is the main exit to get off of when going to the game from the expressway. Along the way they provided the players students alumni fans and general community around Winston Salem with as high of a quality game day experience as they could provide given their ability.  They didn't let a bad team get in the way of a good experience. 

This is my hope for Akron. Get good at football. Along the way, make the football experience at Akron as top notch as possible for the players students alumni fans and general community. I just want them to do their best in those 5 areas and they aren't. It doesn't seem that hard to do. For example, does it really take two years to get a new scoreboard? It makes no sense to me. I work in the construction industry and something that easy to make shouldn't take this long to get. It's a television screen with large speakers held up by framing with some advertisement around it. Again Wake Forest, but they built an entire scoreboard, 30 yards long, with brick around it and the largest television screen in North Carolina during an off season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Section210Zip said:

I'm going to guess Charlotte Motor Speedway has the largest television in North Carolina. 

It was built two years later. 

So, how can a school use a sports facility to bring people together when a game is not happening. They have a restaurant in the pressbox with a full bar. They open it during the ACC basketball tournament so people can eat a meal, have some drinks and watch basketball on a giant television. There is no charge for entry. 

8 hours ago, GP1 said:

No. I just go to their games. It's enjoyable. I think if them a lot when I think of Akron. There is nothing they have accomplished in the he ACC in the past 15 years that Akron couldn't in the MAC. 

Wake Forest is a historically horrible program in a city very much like Akron. In fact, Akron Blvd is the main exit to get off of when going to the game from the expressway. Along the way they provided the players students alumni fans and general community around Winston Salem with as high of a quality game day experience as they could provide given their ability.  They didn't let a bad team get in the way of a good experience. 

This is my hope for Akron. Get good at football. Along the way, make the football experience at Akron as top notch as possible for the players students alumni fans and general community. I just want them to do their best in those 5 areas and they aren't. It doesn't seem that hard to do. For example, does it really take two years to get a new scoreboard? It makes no sense to me. I work in the construction industry and something that easy to make shouldn't take this long to get. It's a television screen with large speakers held up by framing with some advertisement around it. Again Wake Forest, but they built an entire scoreboard, 30 yards long, with brick around it and the largest television screen in North Carolina during an off season. 

The issue is not technical, it is financial. The new scoreboard is going to be about $1 million. Athletics doesn't have an unlimited budget. Just in the last year or so they have funded a new outdoor track facilty, new sound system for soccer, a practice gym for basketball, a video scoreboard and training system for swimming and diving, mandated padding and fencing for baseball and softball fields, an upgraded weight room for football. I'm sure there are more that I haven't listed. There is a plan to fund the new scoreboard. It would happen faster is someone were to step up with a big donation. I can see it now, The GREAT GP 1 scoreboard at the Bg Dialer!

53 minutes ago, GP1 said:

It was built two years later. 

So, how can a school use a sports facility to bring people together when a game is not happening. They have a restaurant in the pressbox with a full bar. They open it during the ACC basketball tournament so people can eat a meal, have some drinks and watch basketball on a giant television. There is no charge for entry. 

Nobody is going to sit at an outside facility to watch March basketball in NE Ohio.

27 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

The issue is not technical, it is financial. The new scoreboard is going to be about $1 million. Athletics doesn't have an unlimited budget. Just in the last year or so they have funded a new outdoor track facilty, new sound system for soccer, a practice gym for basketball, a video scoreboard and training system for swimming and diving, mandated padding and fencing for baseball and softball fields, an upgraded weight room for football. I'm sure there are more that I haven't listed. There is a plan to fund the new scoreboard. It would happen faster is someone were to step up with a big donation. I can see it now, The GREAT GP 1 scoreboard at the Bg Dialer!

They could juggle money around by not charging out of state tuition for any athlete from another state. They could eliminate charging the athletic department for tuition for a year as they are having classes anyhow. They could sell naming rights to the scoreboard. They could add advertising to the scoreboard. A million dollars isn't hard to find if you try hard enough. 

If buy a new scoreboard, but I hate to support an organization this uncreative. 

8 minutes ago, GP1 said:

They could juggle money around by not charging out of state tuition for any athlete from another state. They could eliminate charging the athletic department for tuition for a year as they are having classes anyhow. They could sell naming rights to the scoreboard. They could add advertising to the scoreboard. A million dollars isn't hard to find if you try hard enough. 

If buy a new scoreboard, but I hate to support an organization this uncreative. 

How do you think they paid for all the other improvements? BTW, I forgot about the new turf at Infocision. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/penn-state-fires-offensive-coordinator-mike-yurcich-as-james-franklin-searches-for-sixth-different-play-caller/

With Yurcich gone, coach James Franklin is now on to his sixth offensive coordinator since taking the Penn State job. John Donovan came with Franklin from Vanderbilt but lasted only two seasons. He was replaced by Joe Moorhead, who had two successful seasons before taking the Mississippi State job. Since Moorehead's departure, Penn State has had a tough time finding the same level of success with Ricky Rahne, Kirk Ciarrocca and Yurcich.

Edited by ZippyRulz

Michigan has pulled their appeal and decided to accept the suspension if the Big 10 ends their investigation. They must of realized BIG had some real dirt on them. I'm wandering what is going to happen to CMU when the NCAA finally ends their investigation. They are an accomplice in the scandle and possibly benefited from cheating them selves. 

12 hours ago, Section210Zip said:

Michigan has pulled their appeal and decided to accept the suspension if the Big 10 ends their investigation. They must of realized BIG had some real dirt on them. I'm wandering what is going to happen to CMU when the NCAA finally ends their investigation. They are an accomplice in the scandle and possibly benefited from cheating them selves. 

McElwain was the WRs coach at Michigan in 2018, before becoming the HC at CMU. Just a little something to keep in the back of everyone's mind...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Gameday at JMU this week is electrifying, and an absolute dream come true for those of us who have disdain for the NCAA and "suits". 

I'm past the point of hating the NCAA. Their lack of self awareness at this point is pitiable.

JMU made an agreement. They need to live with their decision.  

6 hours ago, GP1 said:

I'm past the point of hating the NCAA. Their lack of self awareness at this point is pitiable.

JMU made an agreement. They need to live with their decision.  

Lol. The most dangerous phrase in business - "we've always done it this way."

There isn't a single logical reason to bar JMU from the postseason. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

52 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Lol. The most dangerous phrase in business - "we've always done it this way."

There isn't a single logical reason to bar JMU from the postseason. 

There my be a shortage of teams this year for bowls. Maybe they could go to the Myrtle Beach Bowl.