Game 31- PCCC

As much as I usually hate losing to the Golden Flushes, this one doesn't bother me that much. We whipped them in Cleveland last year and at the JAR earlier this year. Never folded tonight and took them to OT at their place. No reason we can't beat them in Cleveland next week if it happens. X needs to step up though. Carry really outplayed him tonight obviously.

Edited by ewbrooman1
  • Like 1

Yeah, promising that it took them OT at their house. 

Carry mouthing “they said I was overrated” to the camera like a dozen times also bodes well. He’s such a head case. It works when he’s making ridiculous shots, and when the averages even out he destroys himself and becomes a non factor. 

So hyped for the semis!

5 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

I wasn't watching the start of OT, and somehow PCCC was awarded with a technical foul.  WHAT HAPPENED?  So rare for a tech before the clock starts!  

I think it was Pinky going off on the refs for the foul on the 3. They never provided an explanation I don't think, but they did show Pinky and I'm pretty sure he was a Crayola box of 64 with just different reds in it. 

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

13 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

That was Nate just making a frosh mistake and letting a guy get a free pass from the key to the basket.  I think Groce will probably sit him down with that play.

Sit him coach Groce did. Did Nate ever get back into the game after that one?

5 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Sit him coach Groce did. Did Nate ever get back into the game after that one?

Eventually he didn’t have a choice, Hank and Tribble fouled out. 

After a night to think it over, I’m not encouraged by the loss by any means. But I do not feel the slightest bit hopeless. Akron should beat them as they have the better coach, better culture, and a plenty good roster. It took Carry actually showing up for a big game, Payton making every single shot when fouled (extremely uncharacteristic of Akron to let him keep getting down there), multiple botched inbounds plays out of TOs, an inbound violation on a graduate student, and X’s worst shooting game since November. And UA still clawed their way back each time down 7-8, clawed into OT and took a couple of brief leads. If that doesn’t speak to the culture of this Akron program, I’m not quite sure what will. 

That’s not to say this is a moral victory. Those ended when the new coach came around. But I’ve felt a lot worse walking out of that gym plenty of times before after a season finale. A valiant effort for sure. And as always, man wouldn’t it be nice to have #22 out on the floor. Zips win that one if he’s in that zone D. 

This board has given Sincere Carry a lot of criticism this year but he clearly outplayed X yesterday and his defense was exemplary.  Also, I did not see him dancing a great deal and just a little mugging for the camera.  The sportsmanship on the court was very good for both teams and I would be upset over the fathom call at the end of the game so I will give the Kent coach a pass on the T.  I am hoping the 2 teams meet in Cleveland for round 3 between 2 very good guards and hope that X gets the better of him the next game.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

This board has given Sincere Carry a lot of criticism this year but he clearly outplayed X yesterday and his defense was exemplary.  Also, I did not see him dancing a great deal and just a little mugging for the camera.  The sportsmanship on the court was very good for both teams and I would be upset over the fathom call at the end of the game so I will give the Kent coach a pass on the T.  I am hoping the 2 teams meet in Cleveland for round 3 between 2 very good guards and hope that X gets the better of him the next game.

Frankly, I would love it if each year it was a battle between Kent and Akron for the MAC Championship.  That's why it's so important this year that one of them or someone else puts a stake through the heart of the Rockets. 

2 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

Truth. I still don't like the guy. Maybe maturity was slower to develop then his handle and 10 foot floater. But we threw more than enough shade on Kent (as well as or own guys - heaven forbid someone has an off night). Give Carry credit, give Kent credit, they out played us last night. The only thing is even having been bested throughout the game we were right there at the buzzer. You gotta love that about these guys and for what that means our chances next week when we bring our best.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

It’s a shame the camera cut away from Jacobs at the end. He thought that instead of celebrating a big win with his teammates on senior night, he should be a big time team player and chase after the referees as they leave the floor. The jokes write themselves with that program. 

FullSizeRender.MOV 4.37 MB · 7 downloads  

So I guess if (god forbid) it comes down to a worst case scenario, we are Pro-Rockets? :)

On 3/4/2023 at 3:35 PM, 1981 grad said:

We did not watch the same game, then. The reason why Akron was able to remain in that game was their mental fortitude to stay level-headed. KSUcks had multiple players, including Carry, put a focus on their showboating instead of putting Akron away. 

PCCC won. Congrats. For the first time in Carry's career, he truly bested X. That's about as much respect as I'm willing to give that program. Their antics on the court prohibit any additional respect from me. This group of Lightning Chickens are as unlikeable - if not MORE unlikeable - than the groups of Lightning Chickens under Christian/Ford. 

I want TJCTTE (The Junior College To The East, since they want to do the Ohio State/Michigan thing for whatever reason) to get bounced on Thursday. However, should they win, I want Round 3 on Friday. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, X got robbed of POY said:

Rewatching some past moments from last season and caught this sequence of some kent players on the bench with some words for sammy. Appears one of them said "your ass".

They weren't wrong for about half the season. 

Truly am glad the Portage County Insane Asylum decided to extend Pinky. The character he recruits matches that institution to a T. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, X got robbed of POY said:

Rewatching some past moments from last season and caught this sequence of some kent players on the bench with some words for sammy. Appears one of them said "your ass".

Great catch. “You ass!” (You are ass). Sammy is awesome. I loved seeing him go off at the end of the year. You could see the potential from Day 1. I hope he can put together a whole season like that, he’s got POY potential if he lives up to it. 

Great guy too. Ran into him a couple weeks after the season ended. Very kind and friendly. 

• Like 1