Game 5 - Buffalo

ZippyRulz

As bad as UB has been, they showed out in the second half against Louisiana. This is no 2019 Akron Zips. They have some really nice pieces on both sides that will present huge challenges on a team like Akron who doesn’t know how to win and now has some expectations. 

In 2021, Akron welcomed 0-4 Ohio to Infocision for the first game of MAC play. As 10-point home dogs, Akron rolled onto their backs as the adversity hit and lost by 3 scores. Here we are again. A loss wouldn’t necessarily be the end of the world, but it kinda would be in some ways. This is a game you have to win to be taken seriously by Joe Akron, by the MAC, and if you want any shot at a bowl game or MAC title appearance. 

We've made it out of OOC play against an AAC opponent, B1G, and SEC opponent with only one apparent serious injury that I've seen on the field (Blanchard). Seems like relatively, we're as healthy as we could hope and offense seems to be trending in the right direction and defense holding steady. This is a huge game IMO in terms of what we can expect for the remainder of the season. Lets take it one game at a time and kick some Canadian a$$.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LZIp said:

We've made it out of OOC play against an AAC opponent, B1G, and SEC opponent with only one apparent serious injury that I've seen on the field (Blanchard). Seems like relatively, we're as healthy as we could hope and offense seems to be trending in the right direction and defense holding steady. This is a huge game IMO in terms of what we can expect for the remainder of the season. Lets take it one game at a time and kick some Canadian a$$.

How in the world did Morgan State get into the SEC???

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

Sorry, I have blotted the Kentucky game from my memory and, therefore, it does not count.

Hence, Morgan State must be in the SEC.

Of course Morgan State is in the SEC. This off-season there was much publicity and incredulity given to USC, UCLA, Washington and Oregon going to the Big Ten and Morgan State going into the SEC. I have it on good authority (a guy in a bar whose cousin lives in Alabama) that Nick Saban personally called the league's presidents to get Morgan State in.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.   

I simply do not see Akron losing this game. (Bite my tongue, I should know better)

Buffalo is bad, REALLY bad. I had higher expectations for them to be at least a 4-8/5-7 caliber team (much like us and the school in Portage Co.) 

However, they will be lucky to pull off 3 wins this year on second thought.

Kentucky game was a poor showing, and Temple and Indiana showed us again Akron is competitive, but has a tough time closing games. I think head to head, every team we've played so far is confidently better than Buffalo. INCLUDING Morgan State.

I say 27-17 Zips.

• Like 2

I was going to say something about marathoners being borderline mentally unstable and if a few get run over by a few Zips fans trying to attend a game, nobody would probably care. I won't though because that would be mean and I've tried to move beyond that kind of thinking. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, GP1 said:

If there ever was a team to run the ball against, Buffalo is it. They have given up over 1,000 yards on the ground already this year. 

Yup! Now get the COACHES to finally buy into the idea that you can actually run the ball FIRST. And, I am not just referring to Irons running for 100 yds. Use the talent you have at RB. Take some heat of of Irons. Let the O-line do what it semms most comfortable doing..run blocking. I still want to see which team, including coaches shows up this week. Must win!

38 minutes ago, GP1 said:

I was going to say something about marathoners being borderline mentally unstable and if a few get run over by a few Zips fans trying to attend a game, nobody would probably care. I won't though because that would be mean and I've tried to move beyond that kind of thinking. 

Yes we are a little weird. But, think about all those orthopedic surgeons they are making rich!

3 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I hate marathon day!!! hate it.  massive inconvenience.  goes right by my house.  will need to get creative.

Smear a boatload of bacon grease on the road in front of your house, sit back and enjoy the show.