Wagon Wheel Game 2023 - Game Thread

GoZips86

I will say, after waiting so long to find a place to talk Akron football (not sure why I couldn’t find this place for so long) it is really cool to celebrate a win like this with all you fine folks. 

It may not be a national championship but by God it feels amazing all the same. Cheers to the Zips everywhere!

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

If I were to take a poll, I would bet that every Zip on this board was waiting for Undercuffler to throw an interception on that last drive.  He threw some nice balls in the 4th quarter and needs to get credit for this win.

I hate tortured sports analogies but Undercuffler reminded me early of the golfer who settles downs and wins a golf tournament after making 8 birdies and 8 bogeys and a couple pars in the first round.  at least he's going for it. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Safe Space University tweeted this, got flamed hard in the comments, and TURNED OFF the comments pretty quickly. Never seen a team do this before. 🤣

I'm a bit surprised they even acknowledged the loss, and so quickly. When we beat them a couple of years ago to go the the NCAAs, they never even ran a story. The same for a loss in the regular season.

Friend who is a Kent State alum called me in the 4th quarter talking smack. I had no response for him 

but after their best player Chrishon McCray went down you saw a change in the game. He definitely saw it before me saying the game is not over. I kept brushing off our comeback saying i don't trust our kicker. He called the choke before me. Was great being on the phone with a Kent Alum witnessing the agony of defeat. We were debating both schools overall the whole time. 

• Like 1