Wagon Wheel Game 2023 - Game Thread

GoZips86

The color analysis last night made some great points and it all has to do with coaching.

2nd and inches, 3rd and inches, 4th and inches, put the quarterback under center and have him sneak it or have him give it to a back.  Has anyone watched my hometown team the Philly Eagles.  

He also indicate that the passes Cuffler was attempting were 30 yard passes for 10 yards in that they were on the sidelines on the far side of the field.  He indicated that a coach should make it easier on his QB with shorter passes.

Finally, use Lingard as a receiver out of the backfield.  He is a good receiver and can make yards after the catch.  It also allows Cuffler to get rid of the ball quickly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

The color analysis last night made some great points and it all has to do with coaching.

2nd and inches, 3rd and inches, 4th and inches, put the quarterback under center and have him sneak it or have him give it to a back.  Has anyone watched my hometown team the Philly Eagles.  

He also indicate that the passes Cuffler was attempting were 30 yard passes for 10 yards in that they were on the sidelines on the far side of the field.  He indicated that a coach should make it easier on his QB with shorter passes.

Finally, use Lingard as a receiver out of the backfield.  He is a good receiver and can make yards after the catch.  It also allows Cuffler to get rid of the ball quickly.

I don’t disagree with any of that. Although, a key issue I noticed on those short yardage runs was CJ West manhandling either the C or LG depending on who he was lined up against. I’d have to go back and rewatch, but at the time I recall us getting pushed back on the interior.

The field side comeback throws are a staple of JoeMo’s offense. DJI made a living on those last year, but none of the QBs have been consistent on those throws this season. Kent was usually giving a cushion. 

Lingard needs the ball in his hands as often as possible. He’s been most underutilized weapon on offense this year, when we should have been riding him every game.

Edited by catdaddyp

After watching the game with Hubby from a little warner climate than it looked on TV, we couldn't get enough of the comments on this thread.  So great the passion, the admission of doubts (I would have gone to bed at the end of the third period if I hadn't just poured my third glass of wine!).  Today we went rogue on went on the Kent State message board, and a) It doesn't hold a candle to ZipsNation and b) what a bunch of crybabies!  Made for some great reading....

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

The real question for you is…what’s the verdict on 2023 Christmas Ale??

2023 GLCA is a winner. But I think 12 Dogs of Christmas is a notch above. Better spice additions, better body, just a delicious beer. 

I also had a Munsterfest from 3 Floyd’s that I thought was excellent. I love Octoberfests, and I think theirs is better than Great Lakes or Sam Adams.

I need to try both of them by the fireside rather than freezing my a$$ off in Lot 9. But I don’t think I’d change my mind. 

• Thanks 1

I was there and although I was certainly ready to leave several times, I stayed and am so glad that I did. It’s been so much fun reading this board since last night vs every other game this year. My god we are an easy crowd to please, a win over a 1-7 team and we are walking on the clouds! 
And for the record, I’ve been to two games this year and I’m 2-0…just sayin. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1