Game 18- PCCC

PCCC welcomes the Zips into the Portage County Animal Husbandry Center Friday night to renew the rivalry.

The 9-8 Flushes got back on the beam last night with a win at DeKalb.  They’ve dealt with many illnesses and injuries so far.  Mr. Pinky has used a number of lineups and last week held their top scorer, Sullinger, out of the starting lineup.  The game is to be broadcast on ESPNU.  

Sullinger leads scoring at 14.7 ppg while Payton leads rebounding at 8.1 rpg while contributing 14.6 ppg.

The Zips main goal between now and Friday, per Groce, is to get healthy.

• Like 2

Weather looking dreadful for tomorrow. Zips have won 4/5 MAC games by double figures but have truly left a lot to be desired for long stretches in each game, even the early goings at NIU. I'm not sure the Zips can survive a bad first half in this environment, regardless of Kent's injury situation. 

2 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

“Obviously, you've got to give respect where it's due,” Payton said. “But, at the same time, I feel like if I'm at my best and he's at his, I'm the better player. I don't say that with no disrespect. I say that with confidence.”

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Zippy87 said:

“Obviously, you've got to give respect where it's due,” Payton said. “But, at the same time, I feel like if I'm at my best and he's at his, I'm the better player. I don't say that with no disrespect. I say that with confidence.”

Lol. Bulletin board material. Freeman is going to feast. 

Pinky tries to use bulletin board material with PCCC, but it's useless when they Can't read. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Zippy87 said:

Based on his resume as stated in the article, he is a perfect fit at Can't.

• Like 1

Going into the game @ Kent Ive always had the mindset of "This game is a wash its always an uphill battle facing Kent at home". This year feels different though, every game on the MAC schedule feels winnable including this one. Kent is weakened and this might be the only chance Akron gets to beat Kent at Kent while im in college (I graduate spring of 2025). We will see. If it wasnt for the snow storm id probably be going. Go Zips!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Zippy87 said:

The first time Mr. Pinky sends a double team at Enrique to help out Payton he will have clearly cast his vote as to who he thinks is the better player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csims0917 said:

I'm usually not a fan of teams wearing black unless it's part of their color scheme, but these are fine for a game or two. They still feel like they "fit" with the rest of the uniforms the Zips wear. Unlike Kent who has like 4 different uniforms that are all atrocious and have no consistent branding direction. 

Edited by akzipper
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, akzipper said:

I'm usually not a fan of teams wearing black unless it's part of their color scheme, but these are fine for a game or two. They still feel like they "fit" with the rest of the uniforms the Zips wear. Unlike Kent who has like 4 different uniforms that are all atrocious and have no consistent branding direction. 

I like them. I have to look closely to see they're not the regular navy blues.  

Like you said, "fine for a game or two."  

I also like when we mix in a grey version, à la, typical baseball away jerseys.

2 years ago, a reeling Kent team off the heels of a home loss to NIU saw its coming out party at home vs. the Zips behind 30 from Carry. This team likely doesn’t have the same potential as those Flashes, but as we know, if they get it rolling in that building, throw out the records. Zips need to bring it for 40 minutes. 

• Like 1