Game 23- Central Michigan

54 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Are they without anyone? Interesting line. 

In honor of a Toby Keith, I would love to cover. We'll put a boot in their ass, it's the Akron way. 

Against BG on Saturday, they played yesterday without Pritchard, their leading scorer, and Harding, their big man, only played 3 minutes.  Pritchard suffered a foot injury a couple of games ago. 

59 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Are they without anyone? Interesting line. 

In honor of a Toby Keith, I would love to cover. We'll put a boot in their ass, it's the Akron way. 

They're honestly just not a good basketball team. They're all smoke and mirrors. They needed 2OT to beat both Bowling Green and NIU. That's not to say we can't lose, but this is a game we should win 9 times out of 10. 

KenPom says 72-59. The Zips have scored exactly 77 points in four different MAC games (both sets were back to back games) as well as two non conference games. Funny.

CMU is nothing to sneeze at, but they have moved up to #1 in KenPom's Luck ratings for a reason. Getting to 8-2 is very impressive considering their personnel, but they have still lost at home to Buffalo and lost by double digits at Ohio. If the Zips treat this game how they should every game, they can take care of business. But they can't afford to fall asleep like they did in Oxford, no matter the opponent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Against BG on Saturday, they played yesterday without Pritchard, their leading scorer, and Harding, their big man, only played 3 minutes.  Pritchard suffered a foot injury a couple of games ago. 

Do we know if either player is back for this game?

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

They're honestly just not a good basketball team. They're all smoke and mirrors. They needed 2OT to beat both Bowling Green and NIU. That's not to say we can't lose, but this is a game we should win 9 times out of 10. 

I know they're smoke and mirrors. I detailed their season earlier in this thread. But 14.5 is a helluva spread for a 1st and 2nd place conference matchup, especially if both teams are healthy. 

38 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Do we know if either player is back for this game?

I know they're smoke and mirrors. I detailed their season earlier in this thread. But 14.5 is a helluva spread for a 1st and 2nd place conference matchup, especially if both teams are healthy. 

No idea.  Their 6th man, McMillan, has stepped in for Pritchard.   He led the Chipps with 19 points against BG.

Edited by clarkwgriswold

1 hour ago, LoyalZIP said:

KenPom says 72-59. The Zips have scored exactly 77 points in four different MAC games (both sets were back to back games) as well as two non conference games. Funny.

CMU is nothing to sneeze at, but they have moved up to #1 in KenPom's Luck ratings for a reason. Getting to 8-2 is very impressive considering their personnel, but they have still lost at home to Buffalo and lost by double digits at Ohio. If the Zips treat this game how they should every game, they can take care of business. But they can't afford to fall asleep like they did in Oxford, no matter the opponent. 

Yes, I was looking at their team stats yesterday. Despite their record, on a ppg basis they have been outscored 2-3 ppg. That kind of tells you that they win close games, but have been blown out a few times. It's not like their OOC schedule was brutal either.

3 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

Seems like our lucky number this year

Edited by csims0917