Game 26- Toledo

17 minutes ago, Zippy87 said:

60 of our 64 points came from Freeman/Ali/Tribble/Hunter. We have zero depth.

More accurately we have no guards other than Tribble who can make open shots. Perhaps Nate, when and if he returns will improve the situation. It's not a one or two gsme slump, it's all season. Scott, Dawson and Thurmond are of no value on offense anf Prather is not the answer. This team is in trouble in 3 of its remaining 5 games unless their guard play greatly improves.

8 minutes ago, zipnetter1951 said:

More accurately we have no guards other than Tribble who can make open shots. Perhaps Nate, when and if he returns will improve the situation. It's not a one or two gsme slump, it's all season. Scott, Dawson and Thurmond are of no value on offense anf Prather is not the answer. This team is in trouble in 3 of its remaining 5 games unless their guard play greatly improves.

I think Tavari can, too. Just don't think Groce fully trusts him yet.

13 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

I thought this team would play better as the season progressed.  Based on the last 3 games, they are regressing.  Groce has to see that he needs to do something and bringing Prather off the bench to wake guys up is not  working.

Got to agree with you here 81 Grad. Still I believe Groce will figure it out. Many players, especially Freeman, have said this team has another level in them. I think they should have that, but in reality they do not. They have too many weaknesses to go deep in the tournament. In fact it will be a challenge to win the MAC. The turnovers that plague this team are a puzzle. Why can't they be patient rather than trying to force a play? I am struggling to understand why Groce keeps starting Dawson. He has started to show defensive lapses and his shooting is atrocious. Nonetheless I keep telling myself to enjoy this team because next year's edition will be a big drop-off from past performance.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 72 Roo said:

Got to agree with you here 81 Grad. Still I believe Groce will figure it out. Many players, especially Freeman, have said this team has another level in them. I think they should have that, but in reality they do not. They have too many weaknesses to go deep in the tournament. In fact it will be a challenge to win the MAC. The turnovers that plague this team are a puzzle. Why can't they be patient rather than trying to force a play? I am struggling to understand why Groce keeps starting Dawson. He has started to show defensive lapses and his shooting is atrocious. Nonetheless I keep telling myself to enjoy this team because next year's edition will be a big drop-off from past performance.   

It's a puzzle, and all we can do is watch and hope some of these 3 balls eventually make it through the net in Cleveland.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VAZip said:

You know the offense has stalled when Ali has reverted back to the slow back it in…back it in …back it in turn around jump shot

You can see teams coming to double him now, not unlike they do with Enrique, when he backs it down into the post.  Toledo was ready for it last night and drew a charge or two.