Game 31- Western Michigan

6 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Dawson misses a box out...

That was Ali who missed the box out.  He came off his man and him and Dawson were boxing out the same man leaving Ali's man wide open.  Ali looks totally frustrated and is just all over the place.  Once again our inability to hit the three ball killed us this half.  We have 3 players that can score consistently, Ali, Tribble and Freeman.  One has fouled out, the other is frustrated and settling for three balls and Tribble has made it to the line but has missed some baskets.

2 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

I just wonder if Groce has Tavari playing more.  He has provided some scoring on the road when we have played Buffalo and Kent.  This team needs some offense.  Might be time to bring in a good 3 point shooter even if his defense is not up to par

Nope, Tavari sat the entire game.  Still think he has more talent than what Groce puts out there but Groce knows best.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Somebody punch me in the face for watching that all the way to the end. Goodness I don't know why I did that to myself.

Hey, if being a Zip fan was easy, everyone would be one.  Football sucks, soccer sucks, and now basketball, you guessed it, sucks.  I just feel bad for Freeman, Ali, and Tribble.  If one of them has a bad night we are hurting.  As somebody indicated earlier, we play best when someone other than these three has a big night.  Hunter started out hot in the first half then lost it in the 2nd half.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

Not saying Groce is a problem but how do you let a SR laden team collapse like that.  

Maybe the seniors should show some leadership and play better so internet warriors don't blame their coach.