Jump to content

Spring Ball 2022


Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

 

I know all 16 people who have posted  on this thread are pretty pumped about it, but that's a pretty small sub-sample of the general population. Any evidence that a significant portion of the remainder of the Akron area  is excited about the Spring Game?

Well, at least it’s 16 more than last year.

Edited by Blue & Gold
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

 

I know all 16 people who have posted  on this thread are pretty pumped about it, but that's a pretty small sub-sample of the general population. Any evidence that a significant portion of the remainder of the Akron area  is excited about the Spring Game?

 

Probably won't know until the game and the attendance, sadly. I wish there was more of a Zips presence in the area, but maybe that will happen if the team turns things around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The spring game is never massively attended. Especially for a Program that won 7 games in the past 4 years. It will be a "Family and Friends" crowd on April 30th (not unlike most recent home games).

 

For those that have kept the faith over the past 4 seasons, it will be a fun Saturday on campus. Once the new staff's work becomes evident to the general public in the form of MAC Championship expectations, the spring game will gain some traction. In the near future, if all goes as planned, a crowd of 4, 000 to 5,000 would be a hell of an achievement...but it's possible.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

The spring game is never massively attended. Especially for a Program that won 7 games in the past 4 years. It will be a "Family and Friends" crowd on April 30th (not unlike most recent home games).

 

For those that have kept the faith over the past 4 seasons, it will be a fun Saturday on campus. Once the new staff's work becomes evident to the general public in the form of MAC Championship expectations, the spring game will gain some traction. In the near future, if all goes as planned, a crowd of 4, 000 to 5,000 would be a hell of an achievement...but it's possible.

Any idea if the game will be televised?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

He mentioned the front 4 doing a good job, so it sounds like we will be running a 4 down front after all.

I caught that too. I think the 4-3 fits us a little better than the 3-4.

Edited by blueandgold
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I about crapped when i heard Joe say the DLine was actually getting after it. How long has it been that we had zero line pressure? I love that he is getting guys in that can create pressure and force the QB out of his comfort zone. The future looks bright. IJWT. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2022 at 2:31 PM, catdaddyp said:

He mentioned the front 4 doing a good job, so it sounds like we will be running a 4 down front after all.

Gosh, who recommended the 4-3 set up a week ago in the linebackers review.   And I received a lot of pushback from the nation.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Gosh, who recommended the 4-3 set up a week ago in the linebackers review.   And I received a lot of pushback from the nation.  

Not sure who else disagreed with you, but I mentioned the reasons why I thought we’d be in a 3-4. Looks like I was incorrect in my assumption. The question now is it actually a 4-3, a 4-2-5, or a hybrid? Richardson is listed as an OLB so is it a true 4 man front? Or is it potentially a dominant 3 man front with a walked down linebacker to the weak side? I have no idea, but we’ll find out soon enough.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2022 at 11:14 AM, 94zipgrad said:

Past players can go

 

 

They should allow all of us alumni who were at UA during the Ianello/Arth eras to attend as well. We deserve a preview of what real football looks like. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

 

Quotes that I love to read and only reaffirm my belief this team will eventually contend for conference titles. 

 

Across the board, for the most part, we look like a team that deserves to step foot – physically – on a Division I football field,” 

 

"Because we can fix some of the X's and O's,” he said. “If you can get the kids believing in the scheme and giving incredible effort and playing hard for quarters and not being on an emotional roller coaster and just keep sawing wood, generally good things will happen.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gozips19 said:

Quotes that I love to read and only reaffirm my belief this team will eventually contend for conference titles. 

 

Across the board, for the most part, we look like a team that deserves to step foot – physically – on a Division I football field,” 

 

"Because we can fix some of the X's and O's,” he said. “If you can get the kids believing in the scheme and giving incredible effort and playing hard for quarters and not being on an emotional roller coaster and just keep sawing wood, generally good things will happen.”

 

I believe the word "four" is missing from the quote.

I have never heard the phrase "keep sawing wood" before.

In the context in which it appears I surmise that it is something positive, but I'm not sure why that would be the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...