Romeo Travis

zippy5

1 minute ago, kreed5120 said:

I've heard of jersey retiring, but what exactly is jersey honoring?

I think it's the same thing. The article mentions all the previous jerseys to be honored. So none have technically been retired, but it's not as if he's in some sort of secondary honoree. Most likely just in case they need a number again.. remember in hoops there's not a digit above five so half of the numbers aren't available.

53 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Who knew I had $200 worth of bobble heads on my game room shelf?

These and some of my Jim Thome bobbleheads are the only ones that I still have boxes for due to their value. Base value for any Akron bobblehead is ~$10-20 by the way. Yedlin is one of the more expensive ones, along with Jason Taylor (last sold was $43 + shipping). 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As LeBron continues his inexorable march toward the all time NBA scoring record, I read this article about his first game. An oral history of the first 12 minutes of LeBron James’ NBA debut -  https://andscape.com/features/it-took-just-12-minutes-for-lebron-james-to-put-the-nba-on-notice/  Romeo was quoted a number of times with the title of freshman, University of Akron. While LeBron will always be associated with the University, it was his teammates Romeo and Dru that started all of the recent basketball success. So while LeBron is deservedly going to get a ton of accolades when he breaks the record I wanted to acknowledge his two teammates who started the run to put us where we are today. Thank you guys. 

• Like 1