Joe Moorhead Officially Hired as Head Football Coach

Dr Z

14 minutes ago, bigjim said:

I also got the call.  After talking, immediately transferred to the ticket department and re-upped my season tickets.  They said I could pay in June, but I wanted to lock in the seats now at current prices so I paid now.  Ticket prices may considerably increase based on what Joe does.  Finally, it is great to be a Zip fan!!!!

Go Zips!

Where is my call?!?! What, does automated Joe Moorhead just hate me and not want my money? GEEZ!!

😂😋

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, GoZips86 said:

Where is my call?!?! What, does automated Joe Moorhead just hate me and not want my money? GEEZ!!

😂😋

Two points.

1. I am a Varsity A member as a former University of Akron athlete.

2. How much money do you donate?

There has to be a pecking order, and your time will come.  Who said automated?

Go Zips!!!

18 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Two points.

Go Zips!!!

Haha yeah I'm just having fun with everyone getting these calls. I was not an athlete and I donate a decent amount yearly. Buuuttt I'm certainly not high on the pecking order, I can assure 😂

14 minutes ago, GoZips86 said:

Haha yeah I'm just having fun with everyone getting these calls. I was not an athlete and I donate a decent amount yearly. Buuuttt I'm certainly not high on the pecking order, I can assure 😂

Call Jay at the ticket office.  His direct number is 330-972-6982 (I hope he does not mind posting his name and number).  He was a joy to talk to, knew what to do to get the order completed, and was very efficient in his job.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GoZips86 said:

😂😋

Well, who do you think you are?  Me? 

Seriously, I was surprised to get the call.  My only financial interactions with Akron have been:  1) buying tickets to the Iowa State game, 2) paying in advance for an entire tailgate lot, and 3) winning the 50/50 raffle.  Somehow this must make me score high in the algorithm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Cykron said:

Well, who do you think you are?  Me? 

Seriously, I was surprised to get the call.  My only financial interactions with Akron have been:  1) buying tickets to the Iowa State game, 2) paying in advance for an entire tailgate lot, and 3) winning the 50/50 raffle.  Somehow this must make me score high in the algorithm.

All of his staff so far are P5 guys... Maybe he wants to get P5 fans/atmosphere?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

For all you Terry Pluto fans

(Believe it or not, this is actually a really nice article.)

"You can win at Akron." - JoeMo quote from Pluto article.

Absolutely. There is absolutely no good reason for Akron to be as bad as it has been over the course of so many years.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bigjim said:

Two points.

Go Zips!!!

I'm just tired of Joe coming to my house.  Every time he knocks is sets off the dog!  😁

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 2:47 PM, bigjim said:

Two points.

Go Zips!!!

I got a thank you call today for re-upping on season tickets following my original call.  The caller said it was Coach Joe, and the call was from the University of Akron per the phone number and a live call that I had a brief conversation with a person.  It was a short call since he said he had many more phone calls to make.  , Coach said to get ready for a great ride.  Go Zips!!!

59 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Coach Moorhead on Saturday Down South podcast starting at 37:00.

Fun listen. Joe seems to have a lot on his mind about what happened in Starkville, it would be awesome to have a few beers with him and hear all of those stories. Not a ton of UA stuff in this interview, it just got me more and more pumped that we hired a total badass head coach that is well respected everywhere in college football. 

• Like 1

Their web site also has a piece about why it was a mistake to fire him at MSU. They rightly point out that he had done pretty well at a historically tough place to win and there was no guarantee that whoever replaced him would do better. Joe went 14-12 in his two years there. The following two years? They went 11-12. Thank you MSU :-) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, LZIp said:

As one could probably tell by my constant posting during the game, I wasn't able to attend due to a variety of reasons, but noticed Moorhead and other members of the staff were there. Did he speak to the crowd at all?

He did.  Just prior to tip off he did a really nice job getting the crowd pumped up.  He mentioned bringing the Wagon Wheel back to Akron, that the crowd was great, had great energy and that we'd need that at the football games this Fall.  Then he started a "Let's Go Zips," chant.  He did a really nice job.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

He did.  Just prior to tip off he did a really nice job getting the crowd pumped up.  He mentioned bringing the Wagon Wheel back to Akron, that the crowd was great, had great energy and that we'd need that at the football games this Fall.  Then he started a "Let's Go Zips," chant.  He did a really nice job.

I wonder if anyone got video?  I don't see anything where you would expect to see something like this. Or Twitter.

29 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

I wonder if anyone got video?  I don't see anything where you would expect to see something like this. Or Twitter.

I would think they would. Every time I watch a college sports event, there are more athletic department interns and low level staff running around with GoPro's than coaches. 

On 2/12/2022 at 9:56 AM, GP1 said:

I would think they would. Every time I watch a college sports event, there are more athletic department interns and low level staff running around with GoPro's than coaches. 

I think they were too busy queuing up Kent highlights on the JAR big screen to realize Joe was in the house.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I think they were too busy queuing up Kent highlights on the JAR big screen to realize Joe was in the house.

Thanks for taking time from the Hudson Community Ice Fishing League to attend the games and post.