Miami- 2/4/22 and 2/6/22

clarkwgriswold

Really good team effort.  Ali had a good 2nd half but the whole team played well.  I do not believe that Azziz played in the second half because Freeman played the entire 2nd half.  He is a great rebounder and had some great assists.  This team plays so much better when he is on the floor even though he scored only 4 points.

1 minute ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I don't know the redshirt rules but I wonder if he is up to the limit that if he plays he is over it.

See, I thought there was a ruling like that too, but I read online earlier in the year that any time on the court during the season counts. Does anyone know if Kalle is still redshirt eligible?

7 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

See, I thought there was a ruling like that too, but I read online earlier in the year that any time on the court during the season counts. Does anyone know if Kalle is still redshirt eligible?

I thought at one point there was a 4 or 5 game limit of actual play but that goes back to early Dambrot and Eggers.  I think 4 games is the football limit.

I recall something more recent of 30% of games and a first half of the season injury being the requirements.  

Edited by clarkwgriswold

Re Redshirt rules:

Looks like they were going to look to loosen them up to at least be more in line with football this past summer.

https://www.si.com/college/tmg/mark-blaudschun/college-basketball-redshirt

However, doesn't seem like anything ever got done considering the A-10 was petitioning looser restrictions last month.

https://www.gwhatchet.com/2022/01/24/a-10-conference-petitions-ncaa-to-waive-redshirt-eligibility-rules-as-covid-cases-rise/

It makes no sense to me why football would have looser restrictions than basketball considering less games in football. I guess this is the NCAA were talking about.