2023/24 Portal Page

MangoZip

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, LZIp said:

Wasel in portal per 247. Bummer.

Haven’t seen it confirmed yet, but probably true. Figured that move might be coming after the outing he had in the SG. Certainly seemed like Roggow was ahead that day. Hoped Wasel would stay and continue to develop. Good luck to him.

• Sad 1

Not shocked by Wasel given the reports at the Spring Game. 

Hester is a surprise. 

I'm ok with 3rd & 4th string guys hitting the portal. We need the scholarships to find win-now talent and depth. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

I don't have a problem with Wassel moving on. He gave us everything he had. I wish him well. He seemed to be a good team guy, but it wasn't going to work here. Hate to see Hester go as I loved his energy. Like Wassel he got stuck behind others who he would have a tough time beating out. Hope he does well wherever he goes if they are not playing UA.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

I would guess that Blake Hester was skipped over again and was not put on scholarship.  

Hate to see good people leave the program.  Loved how he played so hard and with everything he had.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Akron1 said:

I would guess that Blake Hester was skipped over again and was not put on scholarship.  

Hate to see good people leave the program.  Loved how he played so hard and with everything he had.  

This is my first time posting so I hope I’m doing this right. If Hester was not put on scholarship at this point I absolutely understand why he left. Played with so much fire! Does anybody have a confirmation on that? I had heard Wassel was on IR but he did play on Sat. I had high hopes for him.  

59 minutes ago, Akron1 said:

He was very popular in the locker room.  Too bad.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Zippity69 said:

This is my first time posting so I hope I’m doing this right. If Hester was not put on scholarship at this point I absolutely understand why he left. Played with so much fire! Does anybody have a confirmation on that? I had heard Wassel was on IR but he did play on Sat. I had high hopes for him.  

Blake seems like a good locker room presence. I know he was put in scholarship at one point, but no idea if that was just for one season or carried over.

Neither him or Wasel appear to be big losses for this season, but I’m much more comfortable with Hester transferring considering he’s 3rd or 4th on the depth chart in his 4th or 5th year of college. Whereas Wasel is just going into his redshirt freshman season. Still had a lot of time to develop. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

Haven’t seen it confirmed yet, but probably true. Figured that move might be coming after the outing he had in the SG. Certainly seemed like Roggow was ahead that day. Hoped Wasel would stay and continue to develop. Good luck to him.

There it is.

3 hours ago, zippy5 said:

do you respect his decision?

Wonder if it was God’s plan? Seriously though, hate to see him go. D1 football has become such a cruel business, nodody has time to develop. If you fall to a certain level on the depth chart it’s chop time and bring on the next. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Head coach Huell Jackson said:

Heard from Multiple people that Wasel was not exactly a well liked guy around here. Take that with a grain of salt, but still

That’s shocking! I guess you never know. He’s been one of my favorites since he’s been here and I was sad to see him go. Great with the young kids and lots of enthusiasm. Wish him the best as well as the others. 

• Like 1