Game 11- Gardner Webb

clarkwgriswold

7 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

We lose this game without Ali.  Although we have seen him in limited action, he is shooting and making a lot of short jump shots and not backing in like he did before he left Akron.  Had a great game today.

He had a rough year at Butler but I think he's actually a better player than he was when he left Akron. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The worst-  they have now shut down the north exits to the JAR at the end of the game, purportedly to keep people from the steps to the locker rooms.  Add that to them closing the northeast entrance and charging for parking and I'm getting increasingly frustrated.  They seem to feel compelled to turn away fans as much as possible.  

Shutting down the north exits was a mistake that lasted only a minute or two. Paul Hammond saw it and corrected the ushers immediately. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Their record is deceptive.  They've been in a lot of games and lost some close ones 

If NET is to be believed on how teams are to be ranked, Gardner Webb would be ranked better than half the MAC. The MAC is also a dumpster fire this year so make of it what you will.

9 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

If NET is to be believed on how teams are to be ranked, Gardner Webb would be ranked better than half the MAC. The MAC is also a dumpster fire this year so make of it what you will.

Buffalo going from a top tier MAC team to one of the worst in the country really hurts

6 minutes ago, Reslife4Life said:

Akron dropped from 99 to 106 in Kenpom from yesterday. Mr. Pomeroy now has GW at 217, one spot below NIU

I was shocked by the plummeting of the defensive rating. Dropped like 30+ spots. Bad game, I know, but still surprised. 3pt. defense one of the worst in the country, concerning with great guards at the top of the league. 

5 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

Ali played with so much joy last night. That slow motion pick he set for Greg as he was bringing the ball up court was hilarious!  The funny faces and hand gestures to the crowd were priceless.

16335.jpeg

Ali has really matured.  Instead of staring down the opposing bench when he scores he is smiling and having fun.  Glad to see him being successful and having fun.

• Like 1