2024 MAC Tournament

11 minutes ago, dre22era said:

He has the most wins in school history. Earned 

Rivalry aside, I think Sendy is a very good coach. If you would've told me back in December that Payton would get hurt and they'd still make the MAC Championship (and almost win), I would've called you crazy. If they can keep their core and add a little bit of talent to it, they'll be a contender again next season.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Zippy87 said:

Rivalry aside, I think Sendy is a very good coach. If you would've told me back in December that Payton would get hurt and they'd still make the MAC Championship (and almost win), I would've called you crazy. If they can keep their core and add a little bit of talent to it, they'll be a contender again next season.

Reggie Bass getting hurt was the greatest thing to ever happen to that team. He and Emoni Bates are the biggest losers to ever play in the MAC. It ain’t even close. 

24 minutes ago, dre22era said:

With former HC Jim Christian and Julian Sullinger, I like their coaching staff. 

Jim Christian being in the first assistant's chair on the bench, as the Assistant Athletic Director, is simply bizarre to me. 

7 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Jim Christian being in the first assistant's chair on the bench, as the Assistant Athletic Director, is simply bizarre to me. 

Yeh thats definitely odd but unique basically having 2 HCs. His coaching record at Kent 137–59 (.699)

He was unable to mirror that success at TCU and Boston College. 49–22 (.690) at OhioU

There’s luck involved in just about every championship. 2021, Ohio had COVID at the right time and could rest up. 2022, Zips benefit from Sendy running a trash program. 2023, Kent is lucky Ali Ali gave Butler a shot. 2024, Kent lucks out with the Bass injury before one of their own morons strikes again, and Tribble, who blew FTs in his final game at the JAR, cans the last 2 to win it. Shammah Scott went a month without hitting a 3, then hits the most clutch 3 of the MAC tournament.  Make or miss game. Brian Walsh, Ronaldo Segu, Jaylin Hunter, Jalen Sullinger. IYKYK. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mrelegazna said:

You can at least be glad that you aren't an Ohio State and Akron fan, like I am.  Not only do they (naturally) play each other with a lot more frequency than Illinois plays Akron, but also there's a contingent here that finds it disloyal or contemptible for Akron fans to be OSU fans.  We debate it sometimes! I hate it!

Here is an odd combo for you: I’m doing my master’s at Kansas State currently, so they’re my second favorite team. Even had a couple guys who went to the Elite 8 last year in my class last spring! That being said, if the Zips ever play K-State, I hope the Zips crush them.

I’m trying to ration my likes, but I want to like everyone’s posts. What a win! Go Zips!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Zips Win! said:

Can't read the scoreboard therefore you Can't write your team name on the bracket. Z-I  

-P-S!!!

Does it get better than beating Kent (or Kent beating themselves and the negative press and memes to boot), taking the series lead, and winning a MACC all in the same game?!?!?! I think not.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

It was Rollins who made that video?!?!

On twitter I posted that I felt bad for him. Well I take that back!  Knowing this makes last night's final 5 seconds even sweeter!!!

No, but he was one of the 4 main contributors that got suspended. 

By the way, Kent St MBB Twitter still hasn't posted a final score graphic. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think we need to have a contest as to who can grab the best screenshot of Rob Senderoff crying on the sideline for future memes. Maybe a new thread even?

*Note: I personally don't want to pick on Julius Rollins, because he obviously had an absolutely heartbreaking lapse of judgement and obviously feels devastated over it. I just think it'd be in poor taste to use that in future memes....but Senderoff has been there for 13-years, so I think he's fair game.

Here's my entry:

Screenshot2024-03-17at8_37_46AM.thumb.png.7d618c25132f51ff9c310a1bd24b71f5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In the spirit of the rivalry I have picked on Senderoff quite a bit over the years.  I'm not impressed that he's the winningest coach in their history as he's also the longest tenured coach in their history, but from an objective viewpoint he generally has his kids ready to play and with rare exceptions his teams are always near the top of the MAC.  This most recent run without a preseason All-MAC player and last season's freshman of the year to get within 5 seconds of a MAC championship was most impressive. As such, he's clearly been a successful coach worthy of some credit for his success.  Groce says good things about him and if I'm willing to trust his judgment with the Zips I'm willing to trust his judgment on this topic.

I will now return to my regularly scheduled program of referring to him as Mr. Pinky and making fun of him.

• Thumbs down 1

23 minutes ago, ZipCat said:

I think we need to have a contest as to who can grab the best screenshot of Rob Senderoff crying on the sideline for future memes. Maybe a new thread even?

*Note: I personally don't want to pick on Julius Rollins, because he obviously had an absolutely heartbreaking lapse of judgement and obviously feels devastated over it. I just think it'd be in poor taste to use that in future memes....but Senderoff has been there for 13-years, so I think he's fair game.

Here's my entry:

Screenshot2024-03-17at8_37_46AM.thumb.png.7d618c25132f51ff9c310a1bd24b71f5.png

What if I told you I went through that video last night and grabbed 7 screenshots AND made a meme with them?

9 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

432280460_388351847164452_15155140227328

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, on one side I like to see Kent fail. On the other side, I like seeing Akron play Kent in meaningful games as it makes the season more thrilling. Senderoff is easily a top 3 coach in the MAC and has been for nearly his entire tenure.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

In the spirit of the rivalry I have picked on Senderoff quite a bit over the years.  I'm not impressed that he's the winningest coach in their history as he's also the longest tenured coach in their history, but from an objective viewpoint he generally has his kids ready to play and with rare exceptions his teams are always near the top of the MAC.  This most recent run without a preseason All-MAC player and last season's freshman of the year to get within 5 seconds of a MAC championship was most impressive. As such, he's clearly been a successful coach worthy of some credit for his success.  Groce says good things about him and if I'm willing to trust his judgment with the Zips I'm willing to trust his judgment on this topic.

I will now return to my regularly scheduled program of referring to him as Mr. Pinky and making fun of him.

Just saw his post game presser. Dang you Sendy I want to dislike you but that was a great and classy presser. Stop it. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1