2024 MAC Tournament

13 minutes ago, tolbob said:

ESPN spent about 2 minutes on the last 10 seconds of the game.  More time on ESPN than ever spent on an Akron game.

really truly one of the best and most thrilling and stressful games I’ve ever watched. It reminded me of the old days when Woody and Bo said winning The Game was more important than anything. That was for a trip to the dance last night but moreso, it was an Akron/Kent State fist fight for 40 minutes. The effort by both teams was off the charts. 

1 hour ago, ZipCat said:

You forgot the Broski on the floor who has the same pose ...

THREE Kent players (one standing, two laying on the court) striking the pose!

image.png.5a642f167ec0f002f8aa56731f48e826.png

Edited by GoZips88

8 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

Just picked up the print edition of the Beacon and no coverage of the Akron Kent game.  With all this modern technology, could not figure out how to cover a game that ended at 9 at get it into print the next day.

heard the same. The days of saving the paper as a keepsake from a night like last night are all but over. YouTube videos are where those memories are now. A shame about the Beacon. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

Just picked up the print edition of the Beacon and no coverage of the Akron Kent game.  With all this modern technology, could not figure out how to cover a game that ended at 9 at get it into print the next day.

That's why I call it "The Leaking Urinal"

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

Not sure why there is so much fuss about Rollin’s foul, Tribble was about to win it on a floater anyway. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Go Zips!!

Tribble was 1-5 from the field. Had we lost he would have received his share of the blame. So glad he got to be a hero instead.

They probably shouldn't have even fouled us on a final shot unless it was a bunny. The whole kent team and coach should have been communicating no foul to prevent a mental lapse like that in the heat of the moment with game on the line. I'd consider it a team error. 

Edited by ZippyRulz

8 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

They probably shouldn't have even fouled us on a final shot unless it was a bunny. The whole kent team and coach should have been communicating no foul to prevent a mental lapse like that in the heat of the moment with game on the line. I'd consider it a team error. 

Pinky should've called a timeout after their basket so they could get setup and on the same page as a team. 

12 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Pinky should've called a timeout after their basket so they could get setup and on the same page as a team. 

No way.  He just said that to take the blame.  He was a class act in that situation.