2024 NCAA Tournament

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

Yes, 14 seed would be my guess. I saw some projections that had Akron playing Kentucky in Pittsburgh. As fans, that's probably the best we could realistically hope for.

My bet is that we're headed to the farthest possible venue.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zippy87 said:

Latest Bracketology released by Lunardi have Akron as a 14 seed playing Auburn in Pittsburgh.

So which component of this is incorrect, given Lunardi's track record - the seed, the opponent, or the location? Or all 3?

the watch party is rather anti-climatic.  I've gone to a few.  You wait around and then hear "UCLA in Portland" or "VCU in Detroit."  And you are like "is that all there is?"

I think this one may be a bit more special because of the seniors.

40 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

GIzjqe3XUAAeoeg?format=jpg&name=small

We are very borderline 13/14 according to these rankings. 

Looks about right. Princeton lost to 13-17 Brown yesterday, so may bump us up to the last 13 seed as I don’t see them getting in. 

31 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

the watch party is rather anti-climatic.  I've gone to a few.  You wait around and then hear "UCLA in Portland" or "VCU in Detroit."  And you are like "is that all there is?"

I think this one may be a bit more special because of the seniors.

Exactly.  Its primary draw is that it may be the last chance for many of us to see these kids together.

31 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Exactly.  Its primary draw is that it may be the last chance for many of us to see these kids together.

Bring an autograph book and a sharpie.  And the guys sure don't mind taking pics with the fans.

45 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Looks about right. Princeton lost to 13-17 Brown yesterday, so may bump us up to the last 13 seed as I don’t see them getting in. 

VCU could be knocked out today, opening up a 13.   Not sure where the Dukes would fall into place.

UC Davis replaced by LCJ's first school Long Beach State.  Fairfield is also out.

Edited by NWAkron

26 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

VCU could be knocked out today, opening up a 13.   Not sure where the Dukes would fall into place.

UC Davis replaced by LCJ's first school Long Beach State.  Fairfield is also out.

I think Duquesne would come in ahead of us and don't see the schools UC Davis and Fairfield lost to being ahead of us.