Game 11- PCCC

clarkwgriswold

9 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

I see KN's dad is back going scorched earth on Twitter.... (@rogerdat)

He's embarrassed his son a ton throughout his career and Kato has likely been judged, fairly or not based on his actions. Could you understand what he was saying?

43 minutes ago, LZIp said:

He's embarrassed his son a ton throughout his career and Kato has likely been judged, fairly or not based on his actions. Could you understand what he was saying?

Ummmm.

What's Kato Nelsons dad saying now? I don't have Twitter nor the energy to see someone's profile since sometimes Twitter makes it annoying to even do that lol.

I always got the impression, likely unfairly, that his dad expected more out of him and isn't 100% satisfied with his career in terms of "making it big". He took a bunch of unofficial visits to big schools when he was in high school that were never recruiting him, which I assume his dad was behind. I don't think his dad would ever place any blame on his son, but rather that Akron 100% did him wrong. 

I've got so much emotion going into this game. For over two years now, all of the commentary about the MAC is "Kent State's the greatest! They score so many points! Sean Lewis is the best coach in the MAC!" Meanwhile, Akron has been an utter disgrace. Well, there's a new Sheriff in town. He goes by O-Rod. The energy he has pumped into this team and locker room is staggering, and I am fully expecting him to have the Zips fired up and ready for this game.

To look at the football, there will likely be many points scored. At least there should be. I'm always concerned about Akron's abilities as we never really know what we're going to get, but offensively the potential is there. Defensively, I still have big time worries, and this is where Akron lost this game last year, and would likely lose it this year. It could be a shoot out.

I really don't have a ton more to say. I want this one more than usual. With a loss, Kent is still in the title race, but I want to break them. Lewis loves rivalries and will have them ready to fight like no other, but I have all my hopes in the Zips to come out and play just as hard, looking to prove themselves in the college football world on Saturday. I want the wheel. The Zips want the wheel. I can't wait!!! GO ZIPS!!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lee Adams said:

Zips D can't keep up with the fast paced Kswho O. Won't give the offense enough chances to score. I fear a blowout in the first half. Kswho is playing for the division.

My opinion- Kent’s defense sucks, and Gibson is rolling. Look for a high scoring game … like 48-34 Kent. But the Zips have a puncher’s chance. Kent is NOT rolling right now. If the Zips can jump out to an early lead, the Flashes could panic. 

Question of the day- is Guthrie hoping the Zips win, or get blown out?

Guthrie loves Oscar and it would make him look even better in naming O-Rod the interim if Akron can pull this off. It will also prove him right about Arth. Let’s be honest, if Arth were still the man in charge, nobody would have any hope about this one. 

He (Arth) rubbed a lot of people at the U the wrong way when in his first year he made it very clear that Kent was just another game to him and he wasn’t really into rivalries. Alums that work at the U were absolutely baffled and furious. Then on a beautiful homecoming afternoon, they put up a 26-3 stinker that was 1000x worse than the 69-35 beat down last year. Arth didn’t have the right mentality. Oscar does. Does that mean he deserves a run at this thing for the long haul? Probably not. But it further solidifies the decision. 

BG fired Mike Jinks mid way through 2018. Nobody thought that was a bad decision when they came to Infocision on senior day and embarrassed us by keeping us out of the end zone for the entire game. It only further validated what the AD decided on. Ditto Buffalo in 2014. Kicked our tail with the interim.  

I should get to sleep. Roll Zippy. 

7 hours ago, zipsfan33 said:

Why might he want them to get blown out, exactly?  I'm not following. .... To prove that Oscar isn't the future?  

During the WMU game broadcast  the announcers said none of the existing staff would be retained, including Oscar. Oscar said he wanted to win the Wagon Wheel “as a gift to the next staff.” That tells me Oscar isn’t the future.