Zips MAC Tournament- 2022

7 minutes ago, The Hip Zip said:

Not counting on it but the MAC could be a 2 bid conference now.

Not happening, Toledo resume isn't that good. They came in I believe #64 in NET, which is going to take a hit losing to Akron. They also didn't beat anyone in the top 50 this year. Better MAC teams have been passed over.

• Like 1

Credit due: these tournament games the fellas have looked FANTASTICALLY well coached. The Zips rotations were so crisp on D that Toledo was forced to try and score on primarily on the break. This staff has done a spectacular to put these men in the best spot to be successful. 

LET'S GET ONE MORE!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Won't happen, though I think any of the top 5 could knock somebody off. We do need to somehow work together as a conference to get this done though. That would be huge for the conference.

Bids are awarded to teams, not conferences. Buffalo would have been an at-large a few years ago, but they went on to win the tournament. In order for the MAC to get an at-large another Buffalo would need to emerge and said team would need to get upset in the tournament 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1981 grad said:

a lot of akron fans tonight.  x had the game of the year.  everyone played well.  tribble had some great floaters.  lead the entire game.  we were the better team

Tribble's contributions don't always show up in the box score but he's a winner, a smart player out there

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Groce finding his March magic again? 

The guy knows how to get his players peaking when it counts. 

Great game by the Zips. Offensively and defensively. Total team effort. Amazing poise in both tournament games.

Kent is a different animal. I see them rolling OU. We’ll have our hands full tomorrow. But in JohnGro I trust! 😄

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LZIp said:

From Hilltopper in the other thread. Still plenty there and great deal.

https://www.rocketmortgagefieldhouse.com/group/detail/pass

Scroll to the Mac Tournament and use the promo code ARIZZO

@Hilltopper @LZIp Thank you both. Those Club 121 seats are an incredible deal. Just got 2.