Players who transferred from last year, Where are they now?

1981 grad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, monrowe said:

Also he looks like he’s gained about 20 pounds.

It looks like a good 20 IMO. I'm not sure doing that after being in school for multiple years and going from D1 team to D1 team is the best reflection on our S&C program.

On 1/5/2023 at 4:41 PM, LoyalZIP said:

Evansville (Kalle) played Mo. St. (Trimble) last night. Kalle starts and puts up barely any numbers, and I noticed Trimble hasn’t played since 12/10. Hmmmmm….

More power to Kalle leaving to get a chance to start, but I won't miss Trimble.  He was good for one or two Steph Curry-like 3-point clinics a year but that was it.  Prior to his benching or whatever happened he was good for 7 pts, 2 boards, 1 assist and 0 defense a game.  The only stats he leads a team in is lack of hustle, especially when his shot is not dropping, and highest pouting percentage.  

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Just watched the end of UConn's thumping of Butler.  Ali's line-  21 minutes played, 0-1 shooting, 0 rebounds, o assists, two fouls, one turnover, zero points.

That’s too bad. I saw his stats the other day and they aren’t good. Can’t imagine he thinks his decision was worth it right about now. Wonder if he’d want to come back as a grad transfer.

• Like 1

He left an enviable situation with a championship team where he was comfortable and familiar with the university, with his teammates, with the coaching staff, with the coach's system, and with his role within that system... a role in which he knew he had a green light and incredibly long leash from Coach Groce.

*sigh*

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

He left an enviable situation with a championship team where he was comfortable and familiar with the university, with his teammates, with the coaching staff, with the coach's system, and with his role within that system... a role in which he knew he had a green light and incredibly long leash from Coach Groce.

*sigh*

the grass is always greener over the septic tank

• Like 2

The running rumor during March last year, I heard it at the tournament, was Ali Ali’s girlfriend Sydney Freeman (Ball State guard) was going to leave BSU after the season and come to Akron. Shortly after the season, she entered the portal and it looked like the rumor was playing out. Then Ali transferred, and Freeman wound up going to Dayton (a bad A-10 team) and Ali to Butler. Both moved to lower positions instead of being the best players for the best MAC teams. 

8 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

The running rumor during March last year, I heard it at the tournament, was Ali Ali’s girlfriend Sydney Freeman (Ball State guard) was going to leave BSU after the season and come to Akron. Shortly after the season, she entered the portal and it looked like the rumor was playing out. Then Ali transferred, and Freeman wound up going to Dayton (a bad A-10 team) and Ali to Butler. Both moved to lower positions instead of being the best players for the best MAC teams. 

the heart wants what it wants.

1 hour ago, GoZips4824 said:

Will always scratch my head when thinking about Ali, was one of the best players on a team that went to the tourney for a rotation spot at a bottom feeder Big East team. Just think of a guy like X that drops down and kills it, grass truly is not always greener. 

In 21 minutes as a starter yesterday in a 30-point loss at UConn, Ali was 0-1 from the floor, turned it over once, and committed 2 fouls. No other stats for playing more than half the game. An all-time head scratcher.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

In 21 minutes as a starter yesterday in a 30-point loss at UConn, Ali was 0-1 from the floor, turned it over once, and committed 2 fouls. No other stats for playing more than half the game. An all-time head scratcher.

Will not be the first player who thinks he is better than he really is.  Makes me think that Groce's system is that good where a player with good skills can appear to be great.  I wonder how the coach and fans feel about the transfer.  However, it may take him some time to get used to the speed of play so maybe he will pick it up and some point later in the season.  The injury in the beginning of the season did not help the transition.