Transfer Portal Watch

Zippy87

41 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

What do you mean by this, @NWAkron?  Do you mean you feel these players perfectly fill needed roles on the roster?

As NWAkron’s unofficial PR manager, I believe he means that Prince Mosengo, Kobe Mitchell, and Garvin Clarke were turned into Kaleb Thornton, Shammah Scott, and Ali Ali. That is certainly an impressive upgrade. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

As NWAkron’s unofficial PR manager, I believe he means that Prince Mosengo, Kobe Mitchell, and Garvin Clarke were turned into Kaleb Thornton, Shammah Scott, and Ali Ali. That is certainly an impressive upgrade. 

Thank you, yes.  was thousands (?) of players in the portal, a coach could start throwing darts.  This is a cultivated group filling out the roster.  @LoyalZIPsaid it much better.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

You must have a helluva time taking questions at the t-shirt cannon convention. 

"NWAkron is a t-shirt cannon survivor. He is living proof that you can stare down these weapons of sports marketing war, and not be deterred from sporting events. Bud Light's Real Men of Genius recognized the inventor of the t-shirt cannon, but it's people like NWAkron who are the Real Men."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

You must have a helluva time taking questions at the t-shirt cannon convention. 

"NWAkron is a t-shirt cannon survivor. He is living proof that you can stare down these weapons of sports marketing war, and not be deterred from sporting events. Bud Light's Real Men of Genius recognized the inventor of the t-shirt cannon, but it's people like NWAkron who are the Real Men."

Lets Go Sport GIF by UFC

2 hours ago, GoZips86 said:

Ali Ali coming back may be as big of a story as LeBron returning to Cleveland a few years ago. Dare I say maybe even bigger?!?

(Yes, thats a joke, guys!)

The JAR is going to be packed for the first game. I guarantee there will be hundreds of tickets sold.

Edited by akzipper

2 hours ago, GoZips86 said:

Ali Ali coming back may be as big of a story as LeBron returning to Cleveland a few years ago. Dare I say maybe even bigger?!?

(Yes, thats a joke, guys!)

If I was good at photoshop, I'd photoshop Ali in this. A day later and I'm still stoked. Akron is returning 4 out of their top 5 scorers from a team that was 2 minutes away from knocking off a really great UCLA team. Castaneda is gone, but Freeman is a more polished post scorer than he was then. This team also has significantly more depth so I think we'll see a much more aggressive style of defensive play. I'm not sure I've ever been this hyped in the offseason for an Akron team.

image.png.eea37219a3f2612248422651e8f344d1.png

• Like 3