The State of Athletics

Zippy87

1 hour ago, Hilltopper said:

Prior to this season, your $500 ticket got you nothing but a seat. I find the level of entitlement in todays world exasperating. Sorry that menu (typical tailgate fare) not up to your standards. The vast majority of the $500 ticket is actually a donation to the Z-Fund which is used to support the student athletes. 

https://x.com/Akron_Z_Fund?t=HYsvZ4yh8qr0pULIh89N-w&s=09

I'm not sure I agree this is entitlement, it's looking at the value for what you're paying.  For what amounts to $100 per game, you should get tremendous value, and if that isn't coming via the product (the team), you'd expect it to be made up in other areas.  

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Zippy87 said:

Gary Miller would never

his is such a cool post. I love this president. But let's not get too down on Gary Miller. He gets how important it is to beat your rival. Maybe not as engaging as this president, but he is all in. This week he is carrying a Zip football helmet wherever he goes just to remind everyone that we need to beat Kent. The coaches have also heard from him that beating Kent is a priority. That's a good start and I give him credit. 

• Like 4

If you think $500 for that isn't any kind of value, which to each his own, about 10x that amount gets you stale popcorn and warm terrible beer at another MAC stadium a few miles away. In my eyes, as someone who has experienced each and every seating option at Infocision at one point or another, the real value on level 5 is the warmth and comfort it provides when the weather sucks.

Edited by LoyalZIP
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

his is such a cool post. I love this president. But let's not get too down on Gary Miller. He gets how important it is to beat your rival. Maybe not as engaging as this president, but he is all in. This week he is carrying a Zip football helmet wherever he goes just to remind everyone that we need to beat Kent. The coaches have also heard from him that beating Kent is a priority. That's a good start and I give him credit. 

I love Dr. Miller.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

Prior to this season, your $500 ticket got you nothing but a seat. I find the level of entitlement in todays world exasperating. Sorry that menu (typical tailgate fare) not up to your standards. The vast majority of the $500 ticket is actually a donation to the Z-Fund which is used to support the student athletes. 

https://x.com/Akron_Z_Fund?t=HYsvZ4yh8qr0pULIh89N-w&s=09

I know what the money goes toward.  I don't know rather to pissed of that you are calling me entitled, or continue to be pissed off that my football team can not find a way to score 21 points.   I have supported this team for 35 plus years.   I can count on (now 2 hands) how many games I've missed since 1986.  When I finally decided to upgrade to club seats I was sold on the buffet.  I expected different food occasionally, that sure as hell does not make me entitled.  I have 2 degree from this university, and I certainly expect to get a little something for my ticket donation, especially when one of the selling points was free food.  I'm not asking for much, give me a pasta once in a while....that's it. 

• Like 2

On 10/25/2023 at 12:15 PM, 72 Roo said:

I do want to say I was making a joke - I have no issues with Miller.

Edited by Zippy87

On 10/25/2023 at 11:44 AM, clarkwgriswold said:

They caught @Zipmeister sneaking chicken fingers and brownies to his non-Club Level peon buddies so they're being extra vigilant.

This incident was blown way out of proportion. The fingers in question were not even from the Club Level. I brought them into the stadium after finding them in a big container behind the KFC. However, I did get some special recognition out of the misunderstanding; kind of an honorary tittle. From now on the stadium security guy told me, I am "persona non grata" there." Pretty cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

So CG thinks tarped off seats look better on TV than empty seats.

There must be mote money in the football budget than I thought.

I don't like the tarped seats in prime location on the visitor sideline, but tarped sponsored seats make more money than empty seats.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

What would it cost to make about 20,000 cardboard cutout people? Now that would be a bit outside the box (and would look great on TV)

Probably could get them fairly cheap, just gotta contact all the MLB/NBA/NFL teams to get their stuff from 2020 out of storage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1