The Battle for the Belt: Mac vs Sun Belt

csims0917

Tonight begins the Battle for the Belt. The new challenge put in place by the Sun belt and MAC. We need to root for all the MAC teams (even the thunder bolts) to help boost the MAC in the March Madness and CBI rankings. Troy vs Ohio tonight and KSU tomorrow. We have a thread for us and the rest are Saturday. Fly the flag🏴‍☠️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Reslife4Life said:

Do we know how the second half of this challenge will be scheduled?

I don't think we know, but I believe for sure the second half would be the opposite of the first half in terms of home/away game, and being that the opponent isn't known, you'd hope the powers that be would match up teams against each other based on where they stand conference wise at the time in order to boost resumes.

37 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I don't think we know, but I believe for sure the second half would be the opposite of the first half in terms of home/away game, and being that the opponent isn't known, you'd hope the powers that be would match up teams against each other based on where they stand conference wise at the time in order to boost resumes.

That was the way it was described when announced last year. What I don’t know is if they would schedule a rematch. If the Zips and Southern Miss are atop their standings come February would they have them meet a second time?

1 hour ago, LoyalZIP said:

I hope we go to JMU for the return. In fact, I’ll make that my official fearless forecast. Second pick would be Louisiana. 

After everY team playing just one game, if they made the matchups now I would think the Zips would be headed to Harrisonburg. 

As big as the Zips road win was, I’d love to get one with the national attention that  JMU did.

As a point of reference, here are the results of the Sun Belt Preseason Poll-

1. James Madison (7) - 176
2. App State (2) – 159
3. Old Dominion (1) - 154
4. Southern Miss - 148
5. Louisiana (2) - 136
6. South Alabama (2) - 129
7. Marshall - 119
8. Troy - 91
9. Arkansas State - 84
10. Texas State - 72
11. Georgia State - 69
12. Coastal Carolina - 59
13. Georgia Southern - 42
14. ULM – 32

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

As a point of reference, here are the results of the Sun Belt Preseason Poll-

1. James Madison (7) - 176
2. App State (2) – 159
3. Old Dominion (1) - 154
4. Southern Miss - 148
5. Louisiana (2) - 136
6. South Alabama (2) - 129
7. Marshall - 119
8. Troy - 91
9. Arkansas State - 84
10. Texas State - 72
11. Georgia State - 69
12. Coastal Carolina - 59
13. Georgia Southern - 42
14. ULM – 32

The ULM football team is 0-6 in the Sun Belt. The basketball team is projected to be dead-last. Not a party being their Marketing or Athletic Director at this time.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, csims0917 said:

Ohio is dominating Troy. 43–28. Ohio isn’t even shooting that great but they are smothering Troy and scoring off of turnovers

Get used to this ... Bobcats are really small w/no real size or presence inside. Loads of guards/wings however which points to a lot of press and trap, at least early in the season. Let's see how long into the season it holds up.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

F the MAC. F Kent. This conference does nothing for us and I refuse to root for it and our rivals. I want misery for their programs and fan bases. Sue me (don't actually; shaht aht Brett Favre). 

I can't imagine a situation in which I would support, root for the Kittens and their rude, obnoxious, low-rent fans.  I could vomit just looking at that color green they wear.

Same for PCCC @ Streetsboro.

But you gotta love the guys at Over the Pylon.  They are funniest forum especially compared to the mind-numbing Kitten Attack.

https://overthepylon.boards.net/thread/5306/wrath-mike-cont

Edited by NWAkron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

F the MAC. F Kent. This conference does nothing for us and I refuse to root for it and our rivals. I want misery for their programs and fan bases. Sue me (don't actually; shaht aht Brett Favre). 

Would you please stop being so damn subtle and just say what you want to say?  🤣

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, csims0917 said:

I see it differently. The more Kent wins the more satisfying it is when we beat them. “The bigger they are the harder they fall” type. It’ll be a great look for the MAC if the top teams dominate in this challenge 

That "great look" gets everyone Zilch, Nothing, Nada.

• Like 2