Game 24- James Madison

2 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

Been doing this too long 😂

I love Zips +4.5. They lost to Utah St, a better team than JMU, on the road and without Ali. While offense is spotty, D is solid and reliable. In fact, I can see Zips winning outright in a close game.point total is set at 143.5 and I also favor the under, remember Utah St score was 65-62, so my prediction is 71-68 Akron. Would be fun to see other predictions and who comes closest. Anyone want to try?

Big day for the zips! This is the last chance for Akron to take a big jump in NET rankings. Obviously the chance for an at large is slim to none we’d have to blow everyone out by 20 and the P6 teams would have to cannablize  themselves. However, you may not want to think about this but a win today could really help the Zips make the NIT if they lose in Cleveland. Cheer for the Zips and the rest of the MAC today to make a statement. Last chance for a big statement to the national world. I love that we get to play in this. The MAC-SBC is a very cool thing that we need to take advantage of. LETS GO ZIPS

I think the Zips are playing with house money here.  If they win, it is nice national exposure and gives them the confidence on having a beaten a good nonconference team on the road, however, it won't impact whether they make the tournament.  We all know that comes down to March 14th to 16th. It may impact seeding, if JMU keeps playing well, but even then not substantially.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I think the Zips are playing with house money here.  If they win, it is nice national exposure and gives them the confidence on having a beaten a good nonconference team on the road, however, it won't impact whether they make the tournament.  We all know that comes down to March 14th to 16th. It may impact seeding, if JMU keeps playing well, but even then not substantially.

I think this is important game because when we played good teams early in the season we were without Ali or he had just joined the team.  Both Freeman and Tribble indicated in an interview that this team has another level of play.  To beat a good team on the road we need to see that next level of play.  We need some of our perimeter players to make some shots and hit the 3 ball when they double and triple team Freeman.  Really looking forward to see if the Zips can meet this challenge.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1981 grad said:

I think this is important game because when we played good teams early in the season we were without Ali or he had just joined the team.  Both Freeman and Tribble indicated in an interview that this team has another level of play.  To beat a good team on the road we need to see that next level of play.  We need some of our perimeter players to make some shots and hit the 3 ball when they double and triple team Freeman.  Really looking forward to see if the Zips can meet this challenge.

Agreed.  My point is that they should go into it with no pressure,