NCAA Tournament- Creighton

What a great team, they responded to adversity after a lot of people counted them out after WMU. Put together 3 great games in Cleveland. We got to see Akron in the greatest tournament in sports. Just a great season, excited for the future. Enrique seems to think highly of Marvin, get Prather in the starting lineup, Nate will only get better in a full season, get some good transfers in here. Who is to say we can't get back here next year

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Overall, I can't complain about the effort. I just don't think this team ever really neared its potential this season. Shooting woes plagued us the 2nd half of the season and we really had no way of defending #11 on Creighton. I'd recommend trying to send a double to force him out of his dribble, but they just shoot the 3 too well to do that.

I still feel like a key difference in recent years was the transferring out of Aziz. We had our athletic 7 footer to play with these guys. That would have made such a big difference today and would have had us dominating the MAC if everyone else was still there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tolbob said:

Keys

Keep Enrique out of foul trouble

shoot 45% 3s

I knew it would be difficult. Did not expect Creighton to shoot 59% 3s, but our 21% 3s (6 of 28) did not cut it.

12 of 28 (43%) would have added another 18 points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClevelandZip said:

It’s especially apparent that LeBron is not going to help his hometown team if he won’t even shout them out or give them shoes like he did for Duquesne. It’s a bummer the Leaf Filter guy was a football player instead of a basketball player, because his donations would go a lot further with the basketball team. I still appreciate what he does for the football team, though.

Screw him

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, tomzip said:

Screw him

Because he didn't give our team shoes before the game? 

Our guys get a ton of LeBron gear sent to them - one of five schools in the nation to partner with him I believe. It shouldn't surprise anyone though that he goes the extra mile for his former coach and someone he considers a brother in Dru.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Keep Lebron out of this. Lebron has done more than enough to help us. Don't let jealously cloud your judgement. 

Like I said the other day, it sucks we Lost Dambrot thanks to our pathetic One Bid Conference no one ever publicly puts up a fight to defend. (AD and Conf Commish). Keith got tired of winning 26+ games and only having a NIT invite to show for. No At Large Bid since 1999 (Miami OH). Yes the narrative now is leaving for Duquesne in honor of his Pops but MACtion gave him incentive to leave. Hopefully in my lifetime I will see Akron get a NCAA Tourney Win. 

11 minutes ago, Zippy87 said:

Because he didn't give our team shoes before the game? 

Our guys get a ton of LeBron gear sent to them - one of five schools in the nation to partner with him I believe. It shouldn't surprise anyone though that he goes the extra mile for his former coach and someone he considers a brother in Dru.

It's not hard to tweet "Congrats to Akron on making the tourney." Or maybe LeBum is like Kent and can't tweet the simple stuff (like the final score). 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs down 2

12 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

It's not hard to tweet "Congrats to Akron on making the tourney." Or maybe LeBum is like Kent and can't tweet the simple stuff (like the final score). 

Bur why does it matter that he didn't?

I'm guessing by the "LeBum" comment that nothing he could've done would've been good enough anyhow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zippy87 said:

Bur why does it matter that he didn't?

I'm guessing by the "LeBum" comment that nothing he could've done would've been good enough anyhow.

Because the guy has a brand built around being a "kid from Akron" but chooses to publicly support Ohio State and a Pittsburgh school. You can have your love affair with "The King". I will gladly stay off that train. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs down 2

9 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Because the guy has a brand built around being a "kid from Akron" but chooses to publicly support Ohio State and a Pittsburgh school. You can have your love affair with "The King". I will gladly stay off that train. 

Love affair? Lol. Life is too short for me to be spend even a minute being upset that LeBron gave special shoes to another team. It's not that serious.

4 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

LeBron gives Akron all kinds of free shoes and gear every year.  He also set up a foundation that put over $40mil into U of A 4-year scholarships for low-income high school students from ----- Akron.  He built a new gym for his old high school and still outfits them with shoes and gear as well.  When the gym wasn't built in time for the graduating class to enjoy, he bought all of the seniors St. V's running suits to make up for it.  

If he's not your guy fine but don't play the "he doesn't care about Akron" card.  He will be back again this summer for his annual bike-a-thon to help inner city kids.  

I have no problem that he added his old HS coach and former PG/best friend to his shoe distribution list.  If Dru ends up elsewhere as a coach, the shoes will follow him.  In a world where a lot of athletes don't give back, I am not going to be critical of LBJ.  That doesn't make it a love affair, I just appreciate what he does. (The televised Decision did suck but nobody is perfect).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GP1 said:

Getting back to the Zips....  Bad loss anyway you slice it. They didn't complete nearly as well as they did against UCLA last time. Disappointing. 

Definitely got away from us in the 2nd half. We could’ve played better overall, but Creighton could’ve beat anyone in the country today. Probably at least an elite 8 team. The luck of the draw of an annual upper tier program and them being on fire isn’t a good combo for anyone, let alone a mid major under dog.

57 minutes ago, GP1 said:

Getting back to the Zips....  Bad loss anyway you slice it. They didn't complete nearly as well as they did against UCLA last time. Disappointing. 

They never really came close to replacing the production of X. Today was kind of like most of the rest of the year- Freeman and Ali were effective on offense and that was about it scoring-wise. Creighton had every starter score in double digits. 

• Like 1