Enrique Freeman

55 minutes ago, Zippy87 said:

I don't believe this business is affiliated with UA.

two thoughts on this:

1) if UA goes his entire career without releasing a jersey, even worse

2) Pretty sure it has to be somewhat affiliated to have the logo and "Zips" on the back of the jersey

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I don't think it matters. The failure by UA to not have player merch, especially Freeman, available to the public is an absolute failure.

Absolutely agree. The reason I pointed this out is because it means UA still hasn't released anything Freeman-related, which is definitely an absolute failure.

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

2) Pretty sure it has to be somewhat affiliated to have the logo and "Zips" on the back of the jersey

I am sure UA gets a royalty or the business paid a licensing fee.

What a progression of wrong information on this string.

1.  This is an NIL deal.

2. UA has no active sales opportunity to sell merchandise that features one of their athletes with out signing an NIL deal with the student.  All ZIP merchandise sales are though Barnes & Nobles who doesn't participate in NIL deals.

3.  An athlete must consent for the university to use their likeness in social media posts and advertising. personally I don't know how this works.

4.  An athlete can use their image even if it includes a UA logo.  UA provided the jersey to the student.   This is the essence of NIL. Enrique's "likeness"  is a product of is his position as a UA athlete wearing a jersey.  No one gives a SH_T about Enrique wearing a business suit.  He doesn't own UA anything for this deal.

Edited by ZZZips
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, ZZZips said:

What a progression of wrong information on this string.

1.  This is an NIL deal.

2. UA has no active sales opportunity to sell merchandise that features one of their athletes with out signing an NIL deal with the student.  All ZIP merchandise sales are though Barnes & Nobles who doesn't participate in NIL deals.

3.  An athlete must consent for the university to use their likeness in social media posts and advertising. personally I don't know how this works.

4.  An athlete can use their image even if it includes a UA logo.  UA provided the jersey to the student.   This is the essence of NIL. Enrique's "likeness"  is a product of is his position as a UA athlete wearing a jersey.  No one gives a SH_T about Enrique wearing a business suit.  He doesn't own UA anything for this deal.

I've heard of the Barnes & Noble contract before and have heard some chatter that it really holds back Athletics from selling certain gear. Wonder when it expires and if they'd look for something different. Our gear has always been lacking compared to other schools.  Honestly, Rally House has better stuff than anything you'd find on campus.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 3:34 PM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I don't think it matters. The failure by UA to not have player merch, especially Freeman, available to the public is an absolute failure.

My son had a #44 "Zeke" jersey for at least a full season. Maybe 2?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Look at the previous winners. All NBA players. 

That is awesome, hopefully Enrique is next.

Also, I can't believe they still have an award named after Karl Malone 😂

5 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

The cherry on top is another trip to the Big Dance (and a W in the tourney but I'm not going to get greedy at this point).

Well deserved award for one of the greatest the MAC has ever seen. 

7 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Ali and Freeman made 1st team. Tribble was an honorable mention. Freeman and Tribble made all-defense.

A unanimous MAC player of the year, a first team player and a honorable mention.  We should be able to win the MAC with this talent.  Time for other players on this team to step up!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

A unanimous MAC player of the year, a first team player and a honorable mention.  We should be able to win the MAC with this talent.  Time for other players on this team to step up!!!!!

we just need to figure out who our version of JR Smith and Tristan Thompson are

• Like 1