Wagon Wheel Game 2023 - Game Thread

GoZips86

28 minutes ago, Lee Adams said:

Debating whether or not I am going.

The MAC has already shown how much they care about November attendance with these weekday games, adding to the non-debate for me. Especially scheduling teams' key rivalry game during this period.

At least Kent fans can get to Akron easily and vice versa. I seem to recall Miami playing in Athens and thinking how much fun it would be to try to make that trip home at night. 🙄

My only debate is how much of the football game I even watch on my big TV, before I switch it to the little one nearby so I can watch the World Series.

I bought a 12 pack of 12 Dogs Christmas Ale, a six of Holly Jolly and a foot long Cuyahoagie from Acme at lunch. All set for Lot 9.

I’ve been to so many Toilet Bowls as a Zips fan, dating back to Faust being carried off the field after besting OU to go 1-10 in his final season…what’s one more…

F Kent.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I bought a 12 pack of 12 Dogs Christmas Ale, a six of Holly Jolly and a foot long Cuyahoagie from Acme at lunch. All set for Lot 9.

I’ve been to so many Toilet Bowls as a Zips fan, dating back to Faust being carried off the field after besting OU to go 1-10 in his final season…what’s one more…

F Kent.

Let us know how the GLBC XMas ale batch is this year. Normally doesn’t hold a candle to Holly Jolly or 12 Dogs. Enjoy!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

To add insult to injury?  It's setting the table for disappointment in the embarrassingly sparse attendance.

And now it's 30-degrees w/ snow 😭

Weeknight games in NE Ohio in November are great for the program. It's exposure!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

F Kent.

I was at that OU game, too. Two winless teams going at it. I recall it was the same day as the OSU-Meeshigan game, but my dad wanted to go.  I also remember hearing Faust's "boisterous" daughter yelling most of the game. Fighting until the end. I figure I put in my dues that game. Go get 'em Captain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ewbrooman1 said:

I was at that OU game, too. Two winless teams going at it. I recall it was the same day as the OSU-Meeshigan game, but my dad wanted to go.  I also remember hearing Faust's "boisterous" daughter yelling most of the game. Fighting until the end. I figure I put in my dues that game. Go get 'em Captain.

I remember going to a Kent-Akron game at Kent that we lost and after the game a fan was yelling at Faust and Faust's son tore into the fan stating that his dad worked his butt off.  I thought they were going to get physical but cooler heads prevailed.

Edited by 1981 grad
  • Like 1