NCAA Tournament- Creighton

8 hours ago, ZipCat said:

I will say I enjoy that a significant amount of these prognosticators haven't updated our logo from the Z to the (not my favorite) New A logo.

They’re probably waiting on us to quit changing our identity every six months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Spin said:

They’re probably waiting on us to quit changing our identity every six months.

The culture of Resume Building ... Every transient administrator at UA wants to put "University Athletics Rebrand" on their Resume. Who cares if it is actually an effective rebrand or not, they'll be long gone by that point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Gandy Dancer Saloon in Station Square.

Sounds like a strip club?

And a 25 min walk from there to the arena. I’ll just see everyone at the arena.

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

And a 25 min walk from there to the arena. I’ll just see everyone at the arena.

unfortunately the "arena district" if you will is 100% under construction and will be done in a year or two.. so there aren't a ton of options near the arena at the moment. like @3rd&twenty said, the T will get you a couple blocks away and is free in the city

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Gandy Dancer Saloon in Station Square.

Sounds like a strip club?

Today's history lesson 😉

"Gandy dancer is a slang term used for early railroad workers in the United States, more formally referred to as section hands, who laid and maintained railroad tracks in the years before the work was done by machines.:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Today's history lesson 😉

"Gandy dancer is a slang term used for early railroad workers in the United States, more formally referred to as section hands, who laid and maintained railroad tracks in the years before the work was done by machines.:

Sounds like a good name for a race horse.

58 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Today's history lesson 😉

ZipsNation gives history lessons.

PCCC is still trying to figure out how to tweet out the final score of the MAC Championship Game after one of their players didn't even know the score during the game. 

And people wonder who the superior school/fan base is...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

ZipsNation gives history lessons.

PCCC is still trying to figure out how to tweet out the final score of the MAC Championship Game after one of their players didn't even know the score during the game. 

And people wonder who the superior school/fan base is...

I'm still shocked that they posted a video of a made 3 at the end of the first half and then crickets for days. Pretty sure that the Zips accounts post highlights and final scores regardless of the outcome. As do most other teams. It's like Kent doesn't know how to take losing so they just pretend it didn't happen.

16 minutes ago, akzipper said:

I'm still shocked that they posted a video of a made 3 at the end of the first half and then crickets for days. Pretty sure that the Zips accounts post highlights and final scores regardless of the outcome. As do most other teams. It's like Kent doesn't know how to take losing so they just pretend it didn't happen.

It's an embarrassing look as a university and athletics department. 

I think we should take this time to learn a lesson - no expectation is too low for PCCC. 

So back on the game itself, I am in agreement with most here that the Zips will need to shoot it well (think Kent home game) to have a realistic chance in this one.

However, I also wonder whether Ali's prior familiarity with most of the Blue Jay roster from his short Butler stint might account for some, small potential advantage coming in this game. You could argue that they're also familiar with him, but he's only one piece for the Zips, whereas Scheierman, Alexander and Kalkbrenner, being three major cogs for the Jays, are a much bigger portion of their puzzle. Yeah it's a stretch, but if the game stays relatively close, who knows what factors might possibly tip the tide?

Ali didn't have his best games in their two matchups last year, but if curious the links to the box scores for both are here (game 1) and here (game 2).

Edited by johnnyzip84
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Anyone in the know have good intel on parking? @zippy5 @3rd&twenty

I park here for Penguin games, just don't tell anyone else https://g.co/kgs/1RxW2sj .. Lots are generally $20 for those and this one is 10 and it's a 5 minute walk to the arena. The Chatham Center garage is literally across the street from the arena so it's super convenient but if you get a bad spot you'll be stuck in the garage traffic for a half hour after. Duquesne's main garage is convenient too https://g.co/kgs/saEexPF

• Thanks 2